- Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
- Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.
- Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practise wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties.
- Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.
- When their judges are overthrown in stony places, they shall hear my words; for they are sweet.
- Our bones are scattered at the grave's mouth, as when one cutteth and cleaveth wood upon the earth.
- But mine eyes are unto thee, O GOD the Lord: in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute.
- Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me, and the gins of the workers of iniquity.
- Let the wicked fall into their own nets, whilst that I withal escape.
The Holy Bible, King James Version. New York: American Bible Society:
. Oct 31, 2020.