IDDO, 5. Ancestor of Zechariah
1. Then the prophets, Haggai the prophet, and Zechariah the son of IDDO, prophesied unto the Jews that were in Judah and Jerusalem in the name of the God of Israel, even unto them.
14. And the elders of the Jews builded, and they prospered through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of IDDO. And they builded, and finished it, according to the commandment of the God of Israel, and according to the commandment of Cyrus, and Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia.
1. In the eighth month, in the second year of Darius, came the word of the LORD unto Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, the son of IDDO the prophet, saying,
2. The LORD hath been sore displeased with your fathers.
3. Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye unto me, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the LORD of hosts.
4. Be ye not as your fathers, unto whom the former prophets have cried, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye now from your evil ways, and from your evil doings: but they did not hear, nor hearken unto me, saith the LORD.
5. Your fathers, where are they? and the prophets, do they live for ever?
6. But my words and my statutes, which I commanded my servants the prophets, did they not take hold of your fathers? and they returned and said, Like as the LORD of hosts thought to do unto us, according to our ways, and according to our doings, so hath he dealt with us.
7. Upon the four and twentieth day of the eleventh month, which is the month Sebat, in the second year of Darius, came the word of the LORD unto Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, the son of IDDO the prophet, saying,
IDDO-5. Ancestor of Zechariah IDDO in Naves Topical Bible (Bible History Online)