GILGAL, 1. Place of the first encampment of the Israelites west of the
=>Eglon, king of Moab, resides and is slain at
14. So the children of Israel served Eglon the king of Moab eighteen years.
15. But when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised them up a deliverer, Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite, a man lefthanded: and by him the children of Israel sent a present unto Eglon the king of Moab.
16. But Ehud made him a dagger which had two edges, of a cubit length; and he did gird it under his raiment upon his right thigh.
17. And he brought the present unto Eglon king of Moab: and Eglon was a very fat man.
18. And when he had made an end to offer the present, he sent away the people that bare the present.
19. But he himself turned again from the quarries that were by GILGAL, and said, I have a secret errand unto thee, O king: who said, Keep silence. And all that stood by him went out from him.
20. And Ehud came unto him; and he was sitting in a summer parlour, which he had for himself alone. And Ehud said, I have a message from God unto thee. And he arose out of his seat.
21. And Ehud put forth his left hand, and took the dagger from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly:
22. And the haft also went in after the blade; and the fat closed upon the blade, so that he could not draw the dagger out of his belly; and the dirt came out.
23. Then Ehud went forth through the porch, and shut the doors of the parlour upon him, and locked them.
24. When he was gone out, his servants came; and when they saw that, behold, the doors of the parlour were locked, they said, Surely he covereth his feet in his summer chamber.
25. And they tarried till they were ashamed: and, behold, he opened not the doors of the parlour; therefore they took a key, and opened them: and, behold, their lord was fallen down dead on the earth.
26. And Ehud escaped while they tarried, and passed beyond the quarries, and escaped unto Seirath.
Eglon, king of Moab, resides and is slain at - GILGAL-1. Place of the first encampment of the Israelites west of the GILGAL in Naves Topical Bible (Bible History Online)