BETH-HORON, Two ancient cities of Canaan, near which Joshua defeated the
10. And the LORD discomfited them before Israel, and slew them with a great slaughter at Gibeon, and chased them along the way that goeth up to Bethhoron, and smote them to Azekah, and unto Makkedah.
11. And it came to pass, as they fled from before Israel, and were in the going down to Bethhoron, that the LORD cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword.
3. And goeth down westward to the coast of Japhleti, unto the coast of Bethhoron the nether, and to Gezer: and the goings out thereof are at the sea.
4. So the children of Joseph, Manasseh and Ephraim, took their inheritance.
5. And the border of the children of Ephraim according to their families was thus: even the border of their inheritance on the east side was Atarothaddar, unto Bethhoron the upper;
13. And the border went over from thence toward Luz, to the side of Luz, which is Bethel, southward; and the border descended to Atarothadar, near the hill that lieth on the south side of the nether Bethhoron.
1 Samuel 13:18
18. And another company turned the way to Bethhoron: and another company turned to the way of the border that looketh to the valley of Zeboim toward the wilderness.
1 Chronicles 7:24
24. (And his daughter was Sherah, who built Bethhoron the nether, and the upper, and Uzzensherah.)
BETH-HORON-Two ancient cities of Canaan, near which Joshua defeated the BETH-HORON in Naves Topical Bible (Bible History Online)