BABYLON, 1. CITY OF
=>Capital of the kingdom of Babylon
30. The king spake, and said, Is not this great BABYLON, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty?
2 Kings 25:13
13. And the pillars of brass that were in the house of the LORD, and the bases, and the brasen sea that was in the house of the LORD, did the Chaldees break in pieces, and carried the brass of them to BABYLON.
2 Chronicles 36:6-20
6. Against him came up Nebuchadnezzar king of BABYLON, and bound him in fetters, to carry him to BABYLON.
7. Nebuchadnezzar also carried of the vessels of the house of the LORD to BABYLON, and put them in his temple at BABYLON.
8. Now the rest of the acts of Jehoiakim, and his abominations which he did, and that which was found in him, behold, they are written in the book of the kings of Israel and Judah: and Jehoiachin his son reigned in his stead.
9. Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.
10. And when the year was expired, king Nebuchadnezzar sent, and brought him to BABYLON, with the goodly vessels of the house of the LORD, and made Zedekiah his brother king over Judah and Jerusalem.
11. Zedekiah was one and twenty years old when he began to reign, and reigned eleven years in Jerusalem.
12. And he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD his God, and humbled not himself before Jeremiah the prophet speaking from the mouth of the LORD.
13. And he also rebelled against king Nebuchadnezzar, who had made him swear by God: but he stiffened his neck, and hardened his heart from turning unto the LORD God of Israel.
14. Moreover all the chief of the priests, and the people, transgressed very much after all the abominations of the heathen; and polluted the house of the LORD which he had hallowed in Jerusalem.
15. And the LORD God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place:
16. But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy.
17. Therefore he brought upon them the king of the Chaldees, who slew their young men with the sword in the house of their sanctuary, and had no compassion upon young man or maiden, old man, or him that stooped for age: he gave them all into his hand.
18. And all the vessels of the house of God, great and small, and the treasures of the house of the LORD, and the treasures of the king, and of his princes; all these he brought to BABYLON.
19. And they burnt the house of God, and brake down the wall of Jerusalem, and burnt all the palaces thereof with fire, and destroyed all the goodly vessels thereof.
20. And them that had escaped from the sword carried he away to BABYLON; where they were servants to him and his sons until the reign of the kingdom of Persia:
Capital of the kingdom of Babylon - BABYLON-1. CITY OF BABYLON in Naves Topical Bible (Bible History Online)