ASHKELON, Prophecies concerning
20. And all the mingled people, and all the kings of the land of Uz, and all the kings of the land of the Philistines, and ASHKELON, and Azzah, and Ekron, and the remnant of Ashdod,
5. Baldness is come upon Gaza; ASHKELON is cut off with the remnant of their valley: how long wilt thou cut thyself?
6. O thou sword of the LORD, how long will it be ere thou be quiet? put up thyself into thy scabbard, rest, and be still.
7. How can it be quiet, seeing the LORD hath given it a charge against ASHKELON, and against the sea shore? there hath he appointed it.
8. And I will cut off the inhabitant from Ashdod, and him that holdeth the sceptre from ASHKELON, and I will turn mine hand against Ekron: and the remnant of the Philistines shall perish, saith the Lord GOD.
4. For Gaza shall be forsaken, and ASHKELON a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up.
5. Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the Cherethites! the word of the LORD is against you; O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will even destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant.
6. And the sea coast shall be dwellings and cottages for shepherds, and folds for flocks.
7. And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed thereupon: in the houses of ASHKELON shall they lie down in the evening: for the LORD their God shall visit them, and turn away their captivity.
5. ASHKELON shall see it, and fear; Gaza also shall see it, and be very sorrowful, and Ekron; for her expectation shall be ashamed; and the king shall perish from Gaza, and ASHKELON shall not be inhabited.
ASHKELON-Prophecies concerning ASHKELON in Naves Topical Bible (Bible History Online)