Complete King James Bible
- Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,
- Oh that I were as [in] months past, as [in] the days [when] God preserved me;
- When his candle shined upon my head, [and when] by his light I walked [through] darkness;
- As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God [was] upon my tabernacle;
- When the Almighty [was] yet with me, [when] my children [were] about me;
- When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil;
- When I went out to the gate through the city, [when] I prepared my seat in the street!
- The young men saw me, and hid themselves: and the aged arose, [and] stood up.
- The princes refrained talking, and laid [their] hand on their mouth.
- The nobles held their peace, and their tongue cleaved to the roof of their mouth.
- When the ear heard [me], then it blessed me; and when the eye saw [me], it gave witness to me:
- Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and [him that had] none to help him.
- The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
- I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment [was] as a robe and a diadem.
- I was eyes to the blind, and feet [was] I to the lame.
- I [was] a father to the poor: and the cause [which] I knew not I searched out.
- And I brake the jaws of the wicked, and plucked the spoil out of his teeth.
- Then I said, I shall die in my nest, and I shall multiply [my] days as the sand.
- My root [was] spread out by the waters, and the dew lay all night upon my branch.
- My glory [was] fresh in me, and my bow was renewed in my hand.
- Unto me [men] gave ear, and waited, and kept silence at my counsel.
- After my words they spake not again; and my speech dropped upon them.
- And they waited for me as for the rain; and they opened their mouth wide [as] for the latter rain.
- [If] I laughed on them, they believed [it] not; and the light of my countenance they cast not down.
- I chose out their way, and sat chief, and dwelt as a king in the army, as one [that] comforteth the mourners.
Select a Chapter
The Holy Bible, King James Version. New York: American Bible Society: www.bible-history.com
, 2010. www.bible-history.com/kjv/
. Mar 20, 2018.
King James Bible Home
Bible History Online Home
Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE)
Online Bible (KJV)
Naves Topical Bible
Smith's Bible Dictionary
Easton's Bible Dictionary
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
Matthew Henry Bible Commentary
Hitchcock's Bible Dictionary
Related Bible History