Messianic Prophecy with Audio Series
The Messiah will Minister in Galilee
The Messiah will Minister in
Galilee of the Gentiles, the Light will Shine there first
Nevertheless the gloom will not be upon her who is distressed, as when at first
He lightly esteemed the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward
more heavily oppressed her, by the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, in Galilee
of the Gentiles. The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light;
those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a light has
Matt 4:13 And leaving Nazareth, He came and dwelt in Capernaum, which
is by the sea, in the regions of Zebulun and Naphtali,
- Zebulun and Naphtali (The northern Galilee region) were the first to fall
before the Assyrians (II Kings 15:29) as Isaiah had predicted, but Isaiah also
predicted in this section that the same region (Galilee) would reap the
wonderful privilege of providing mankind with a Savior.
- Jesus grew up in Nazareth in Galilee and ministered in the Galilee region.
- The word "nevertheless" speaks of God working a wonder regardless of what He
said would happen in the previous chapters.
- The word "gloom" is a good word that reveals the sad condition of the
Jewish leaders who rejected their Messiah, and in contrast the great light that
would shine in the land that they so despised, the Galilee region.
- Gloom speaks of a night without morning.
- The "sea" speaks of the Sea of Galilee
- (Note: The Zohar was not the first to teach that the Messiah would appear in
Galilee, and that redemption would break forth from Tiberias; but this is found
in the Talmud and Midrash, from Keil & Delitzsch Commentary on the Old
- The Lord offered His salvation first to the people in the Galilee region.
- The "Shadow of Death" can be seen from the north side of the Sea of Galilee
near Capernaum. There is always a shadow on the mountain when viewed from any
direction. In the history of the persecutions of Israel many families were
hurled from the cliffs there.
Messianic Prophecy Audio Series with
Shahar from Jerusalem
He Would Minister in Galilee - Isaiah 9:1-2 -
(from the Hebrew perspective)