Theron in Harpers Dictionary of Classical Antiquities (1898)
tyrant of Agrigentum, in Sicily, who reigned from about B.C. 488 till his death in 472. He shared with Gelon in the great victory gained over the Carthaginians in 480. See Diod. xi. 20-25, 48, 53; Herod.vii. 165; and the article Gelo.
Theron in Wikipedia
Theron, originally Greek pronounced /ˈθɪərɒn/ THEER-on and meaning "Hunter", or as a last name /θəˈroʊn/, may refer to:
* Theron of Acragas, a 5th century BC tyrant of Acragas, Sicily.
* Therons are a race of fictional aliens in the Dan Dare stories.
* Charlize Theron, the South African-born actress of French, German and Dutch descent.
* Theron Randolph, MD, the founder of the holistic field of environmental illness and medicine known as clinical ecology.
* Theron Guards, an elite class of Locust in the game Gears of War and Gears of War 2
* Juan Theron, a South African cricketer