Bible Names N-Z: Zichri
Zichri in Easton's Bible Dictionary
remembered; illustrious. (1.) A Benjamite chief (1 Chr. 8:19).
(2.) Another of the same tribe (1 Chr. 8:23).
Zichri in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
("famous"; not as KJV, ZITHRI).
1. Son of Izhar (Exodus 6:21).
2. A Benjamite, of the sons of Shimhi (1 Chronicles
3. A Benjamite, of the sons of Shashak (1 Chronicles
4. Of the sons of Jeroham (1 Chronicles 8:27).
5. Son of Asaph (1 Chronicles 9:15).
6. Descended from Moses' son Eliezer (1 Chronicles
7. Father of Eliezer, the chief of Reuben under
David (1 Chronicles 27:16).
8. Of Judah; his son Amasiah commanded 200,000 under
Jehoshaphat (2 Chronicles 17:16).
9. Father of Elishaphat, Jehoiada's helper against
10. An Ephraimite mighty man under Pekah, who slew
in battle Maaseiah Ahaz' son, Azrikam prefect of the palace,
and Elkanah next to the king (2 Chronicles 28:7).
11. Father of Joel (Nehemiah 11:9).
12. A priest of Abijah's family, contemporary of
Joiakim, Jeshua's son (Nehemiah 12:17).
Zichri in Hitchcock's Bible Names
that remembers; that is a man
Zichri in Naves Topical Bible
-1. Son of Izhar
-2. Three Benjamites
-3. A Levite
-4. Two chiefs in the days of David
1Ch 26:25; 27:16
-5. Father of Amasiah
-6. Father of Elishaphat
-7. An Ephraimite
-8. Father of Joel
-9. A priest
Zichri in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. Son of Ishar the son of Kohath. Ex 6:21 (B.C.
2. A Benjamite of the sons of Shimhi. 1Ch 8:19 (B.C.
3. A Benjamite of the sons of Shashak. 1Ch 8:23
4. A Benjamite of the sons of Jeroham. 1Ch 8:27
5. Son of Asaph, elsewhere called ZABDI and ZACCUB.
6. A descendant of Eliezer the son of Moses. 1Ch
26:25 (B.C. before 1043.)
7. The father of Eliezer, the chief of the
Reubenites in the reign of David. 1Ch 27:16 (B.C. before
8. One of the tribe of Judah, father of Amasiah. 2Ch
9. Father of Elishaphat, one of the conspirators
with Jehoiada. 2Ch 23:1 (B.C. before 876.)
10. An Ephraimite hero in the invading army of Pekah
the son of Remaliah. 2Ch 28:7 (B.C. 734.)
11. Father or ancestor of JOEL, 14.
12. A priest of the family of Abijah, in the days of
Joiakim the son of Jeshua. Ne 12:17 (B.C. 480.)
Zichri in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
zik'-ri (zikhri, meaning uncertain):
(1) Levites: (a) grandson of Kohath (Ex 6:21, where some the
King James Version editions read wrongly, "Zithri"); (b) an
Asaphite (1 Ch 9:15), called "Zabdi" in Neh 11:17, where the
Septuagint's Codex Alexandrinus has Zechri = Zichri, but the
Septuagint's Codex Vaticanus other names; see ZABDI, (4);
(c) a descendant of Eliezer (1 Ch 26:25).
(2) Benjamites: (a) 1 Ch 8:19; (b) 1 Ch 8:23; (c) 1 Ch 8:27;
(d) Neh 11:9.
(3) Father of Eliezer, who was one of David's tribal princes
(1 Ch 27:16).
(4) Father of Amasiah, "who willingly offered himself unto
Yahweh" (2 Ch 17:16).
(5) Father of Elishaphat, a captain in Jehoiada's time (2 Ch
(6) "A mighty man of Ephraim," who when fighting under Pekah
slew the son of Ahaz, the king of Judah (2 Ch 28:7).
(7) A priest in the days of Joiakim (Neh 12:17); the
section, Neh 12:14-21, is omitted by the Septuagint's Codex
Vaticanus with the exception of "of Maluchi" (12:14); Lucian
David Francis Roberts
Zichri in Wikipedia
Zichri was a son of Izhar of the house of Levi according to
Exodus 6:21, born in Egypt. He was a nephew of Amram and a
cousin of Aaron, Miriam, and Moses.
Zichri Scripture - 1 Chronicles 27:16
Furthermore over the tribes of Israel: the ruler of the
Reubenites [was] Eliezer the son of Zichri: of the Simeonites,
Shephatiah the son of Maachah:
Zichri Scripture - 2 Chronicles 23:1
And in the seventh year Jehoiada strengthened himself, and
took the captains of hundreds, Azariah the son of Jeroham, and
Ishmael the son of Jehohanan, and Azariah the son of Obed, and
Maaseiah the son of Adaiah, and Elishaphat the son of Zichri,
into covenant with him.
Zichri Scripture - 2 Chronicles 28:7
And Zichri, a mighty man of Ephraim, slew Maaseiah the king's
son, and Azrikam the governor of the house, and Elkanah [that
was] next to the king.
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2018 Bible History Online