Bible Names N-Z: Zabdiel
Zabdiel in Easton's Bible Dictionary
gift of God. (1.) The father of Jashobeam, who was one of
David's officers (1 Chr. 27:2).
(2.) An overseer of the priests after the Captivity
Zabdiel in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
("gift of God".)
1. Father of Jashobeam. (See JASHOBEAM.) (1 Chronicles
2. A priest, "son of (one of) the great men," overseer
of 128 brethren (Nehemiah 11:14).
Zabdiel in Naves Topical Bible
-1. Father of Jashobeam
-2. An overseer of one-hundred twenty eight mighty men of
valor, who lived in Jerusalem
Zabdiel in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(gift of God).
1. Father of Jashobeam, a chief of David's guard. 1Ch
27:2 (B.C. before 1046.)
2. A priest, son of the great men or as the margin
gives it, "Haggedolim." Ne 11:14 (B.C. 459.)
Zabdiel in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
zab'-di-el (zabhdi'el, "my gift is El (God)"; Zabdiel):
(1) Father of Jashobeam (1 Ch 27:2), or rather Ishbaal
(Curtis, Chronicles, 290 f).
(2) An overseer of the priests (Neh 11:14).
(3) An Arabian who beheaded Alexander Balas and sent his head
to Ptolemy (1 Macc 11:17).
Zabdiel Scripture - 1 Chronicles 27:2
Over the first course for the first month [was] Jashobeam the
son of Zabdiel: and in his course [were] twenty and four
Zabdiel Scripture - Nehemiah 11:14
And their brethren, mighty men of valour, an hundred twenty
and eight: and their overseer [was] Zabdiel, the son of [one
of] the great men.
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2018 Bible History Online