Bible Names N-Z: Zabdi
Zabdi in Easton's Bible Dictionary
gift of Jehovah. (1.) An ancestor of Achan (Josh. 7:1, 17,
He is probably the "Zimri" of 1 Chr. 2:6.
(2.) A Benjamite (1 Chr. 8:19).
(3.) Called "the Shiphmite," one of David's officers,
charge of his vineyards (1 Chr. 27:27).
(4.) A Levite, one of the sons of Asaph (Neh. 11:17);
the same as Zichri (1 Chr. 9:15), and Zaccur (Neh.
Zabdi in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. Son of Zerah, Achan's forefather (Joshua 7:1; Joshua 7:17-
2. Of Shimhi's sons, a Benjamite (1 Chronicles 8:19).
3. Over the increase of David's vineyards for the wine
cellars, "the Shipmite," i.e. of Shepham.
4. Son of Asaph (Nehemiah 11:17); Zaccur in Nehemiah
12:35, Zichri in 1 Chronicles 9:15.
Zabdi in Hitchcock's Bible Names
same as Zabad
Zabdi in Naves Topical Bible
-1. Father of Carmi
Jos 7:1; 17:18
-2. A Benjamite
-3. David's storekeeper
-4. Son of Asaph
Zabdi in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. Son of Zerah the son of Judah, and ancestor of
Achan. Jos 7:1,17,18 (B.C. before 1480.)
2. A Benjamite, of the sons of Shimhi. 1Ch 8:19 (B.C.
3. David's officer over the produce of the vineyards
for the wine-cellars. 1Ch 21:27 (B.C. 1043.)
4. Son of Asaph the minstrel, Ne 11:17 called ZACCUR
Ne 12:35 and ZICHRI in
1Ch 9:15 (B.C. before 446.)
Zabdi in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
zab'-di (zabhdi>, perhaps "(a) gift of Yahweh" or "my gift" =
New Testament "Zebedee"):
(1) An ancestor of Achan (Josh 7:1,17,18). Some Septuagint
manuscripts and 1 Ch 2:6 have "Zimri" (zimri); "the confusion
of the Hebrew letter beth (b) and the Hebrew letter mem (m) is
phonetic; the confusion of the Hebrew letter daleth (d) and
the Hebrew letter resh (r) is graphic" (Curtis, Chronicles,
See ZIMRI, (3).
(2) A Benjamite, son of Shimei (1 Ch 8:19), and possibly a
descendant of Ehud (Curtis).
(3) "The Shiphmite," one of David's officers who had charge of
the wine-cellars (1 Ch 27:27). The Septuagint's Codex
Vaticanus has Zachrei (probably Zichri).
(4) An ancestor of Mattaniah (Neh 11:17). Luc. and 1 Ch 9:15
See ZICHRI, I, 2.
David Francis Roberts
Zabdi in Wikipedia
Zabdi, son of Zerah, of the Tribe of Judah, was the father of
Carmi and the grandfather of Achan, according to Joshua 7:1.
He was present at the Battle of Jericho.
Zabdi Scripture - 1 Chronicles 27:27
And over the vineyards [was] Shimei the Ramathite: over the
increase of the vineyards for the wine cellars [was] Zabdi the
Zabdi Scripture - Joshua 7:1
But the children of Israel committed a trespass in the
accursed thing: for Achan, the son of Carmi, the son of Zabdi,
the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took of the accursed
thing: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against the
children of Israel.
Zabdi Scripture - Joshua 7:17
And he brought the family of Judah; and he took the family of
the Zarhites: and he brought the family of the Zarhites man by
man; and Zabdi was taken:
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2019 Bible History Online