Zabbai in Easton's Bible Dictionary
wanderer; pure. (1.) Ezra 10:28.
(2.) The father of Baruch, who "earnestly repaired"
the wall of Jerusalem (Neh. 3:20; marg., "Zaccai").
Zabbai in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. Descendant of Bebai; put away his foreign wife (Ezra
2. Father of Baruch, who helped at the wall (Nehemiah
Zabbai in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Zabbai in Naves Topical Bible
-1. Son of Bebai
-2. Father of Baruch
Zabbai in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. One of the descendants of Bebai who had married a
foreign wife in the days of Ezra. Ezr 10:28 (B.C. 458.)
2. Father of Baruch who assisted Nehemiah in
rebuilding the city wall. Ne 3:20 (B.C. before 446.)
Zabbai in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
zab'-a-i, zab'-i ( zabbay, meaning unknown; Zabou):
(1) One of those who had married foreign wives (Ezr 10:28) =
"Jozabdus" of 1 Esdras 9:29.
(2) Father of Baruch (Neh 3:20). The Qere has zakkay =
"Zaccai"of Ezr 2:9; Neh 7:14.
Zabbai in Wikipedia
Zabbai is a name that means "wanderer" or "pure."
It appears in the bible in Ezra 10:28, and in Nehemiah 3:20,
where Zabbie is given as the father of Baruch, who "earnestly
repaired" part of the wall of Jerusalem.
Zabbai Scripture - Ezra 10:28
Of the sons also of Bebai; Jehohanan, Hananiah, Zabbai, [and]
Zabbai Scripture - Nehemiah 3:20
After him Baruch the son of Zabbai earnestly repaired the
other piece, from the turning [of the wall] unto the door of
the house of Eliashib the high priest.