Uzziel in Easton's Bible Dictionary
strength of God. (1.) One of the sons of Kohath, and uncle of
Aaron (Ex. 6:18; Lev. 10:4).
(2.) A Simeonite captain (1 Chr. 4:39-43).
(3.) A son of Bela, and grandson of Benjamin (1 Chr.
(4.) One of the sons of Heman (1 Chr. 25:4); called
(5.) A son of Jeduthan (2 Chr. 29:14).
(6.) The son of Harhaiah (Neh. 3:8).
Uzziel in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
("strength of God".)
1. Kohath's fourth son (Exodus 6:18; Exodus 6:22; 1
Chronicles 6:2; 1 Chronicles 6:18). Head of one of the four
great Kohathite families, UZZIELITES (Numbers 3:27; 1
2. Son of Ishi, of Simeon; one of the four captains
who led their 500 brethren to Mount Seir, of which they
dispossessed the Amalekites (1 Chronicles 4:42-43). 1
Chronicles 4:3. A Benjamite, of Bela's sons (1 Chronicles
4. A musician, of Heman's sons (1 Chronicles 25:4;
Azareel, i.e. helped of God, in ver. 18).
5. A Levite, of Jeduthun's sons; under Hezekiah took
part in cleansing the temple from its pollution under Ahaz (2
Chronicles 29:14; 2 Chronicles 29:19).
6. Son of Harhaiah, a priest who repaired the wall
(Nehemiah 3:8): "of the goldsmiths," i.e. those priests whose
hereditary office it was to make or repair the sacred vessels.
Uzziel in Naves Topical Bible
-1. A son of Kohath
Ex 6:18,22; Le 10:4
-2. A Simeonite captain
-3. Son of Bela
-4. One of David's musicians
-5. A Levite
-Son of Jeduthun
-6. A goldsmith
Helped in repairing the walls of Jerusalem
Uzziel in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(my strength is God).
1. Fourth son of Kohath, father of Mishael, Eizaphan
or Elizaphan and Zithri, and uncle to Aaron. Ex 6:18,22; Le
10:4 (B.C. before 1491.)
2. A Simeonite captain, son of Ishi, in the days of
Hezekiah. 1Ch 4:42
3. Head of a Benjamite house, of the sons of Bela. 1Ch
7:7 (B.C. 1706.)
4. A musician, of the sons of Heman in David's reign.
5. A Levite, of the sons of Jeduthun, in the days of
Hezekiah. 2Ch 29:14,18 (B.C. 726.)
6. Son of Harhaiah, probably a priest in the days of
Nehemiah, who took part in repairing the wall. Ne 3:8 (B.C.
446.) He is described as "of the goldsmiths," i.e. of those
priests whose hereditary office it was to repair or make the
Uzziel in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
u-zi'-el, uz'-i-el, oo'-zi-el (`uzzi'el, "El (God) is my
(1) A "son" of Kohath (Ex 6:18,22; Lev 10:4; Nu 3:19,30; 1 Ch
6:2,18 (Hebrew 5:28; 6:3); 15:10; 23:12,20; 24:24), called in
Lev 10:4 "uncle of Aaron." The family is called Uzzielites
(ha`uzzi'eli (collectively)) in Nu 3:27; 1 Ch 26:23.
(2) A Simeonite captain (1 Ch 4:42).
(3) Head of a Benjamite (or according to Curtis a Zebulunite)
family (1 Ch 7:7).
(4) A Hemanite musician (1 Ch 25:4); The Septuagint's Codex
Vaticanus has Azarael = "Azarel," the name given in 1 Ch
(5) A Levite "son" of Jeduthun (2 Ch 29:14).
(6) A goldsmith who joined in repairing the wall of Jerusalem
(7) The reading of Septuagint (Oziel) for Jahaziel in 1 Ch
See JAHAZIEL, (3).
David Francis Roberts
Uzziel in Wikipedia
According to the Torah, Uzziel (Hebrew: עוּזִיאֵל, ʿŪzīʾēl,
meaning El is my strength or God is my strength) was the
father of Mishael, Elzaphan, and Zithri, and was a son of
Kohath and grandson of Levi, consequently being the brother
of Amram and uncle of Aaron, Miriam, and Moses. Uzziel is
portrayed in the text as the founder of the Uzzielite faction
of Levites; however, despite Uzziel supposedly being
Kohath's son, and Elzaphan's father, on some occasions the
Book of Chronicles treats the Uzzielites as being quite
distinct from the descendants of Kohath, and from those of
Uzziel Scripture - 1 Chronicles 24:24
[Of] the sons of Uzziel; Michah: of the sons of Michah;
Uzziel Scripture - 1 Chronicles 25:4
Of Heman: the sons of Heman; Bukkiah, Mattaniah, Uzziel,
Shebuel, and Jerimoth, Hananiah, Hanani, Eliathah, Giddalti,
and Romamtiezer, Joshbekashah, Mallothi, Hothir, [and]
Uzziel Scripture - Exodus 6:18
And the sons of Kohath; Amram, and Izhar, and Hebron, and
Uzziel: and the years of the life of Kohath [were] an hundred
thirty and three years.