Shimri in Easton's Bible Dictionary
watchman. (1.) A Simeonite (1 Chr. 4:37).
(2.) The father of one of the "valiant men" of David's
(1 Chr. 11:45).
(3.) Assisted at the purification of the temple in the
Hezekiah (2 Chr. 29:13).
Shimri in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. 1 Chronicles 4:37.
2. 1 Chronicles 11:45.
3. 2 Chronicles 29:13.
Shimri in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Shimri in Naves Topical Bible
-1. Head of a family in the tribe of Simeon
-2. Father of one of David's mighty men
-3. A Merarite (in A. V., called SIMRI)
-4. A Levite in the time of Hezekiah
Shimri in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. A Simeonite son of Shemaiah. 1Ch 4:37 (B.C. after
2. The father of Jediael, one of David's guard. 1Ch
11:45 (B.C. before 1043.)
3. A Kohathite Levite in the reign of Hezekiah. 2Ch
29:13 (B.C. 726.)
Shimri in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
shim'-ri (shimri; various forms in the Septuagint): There are
four Hebrews mentioned in the Bible who bear this name:
(1) A Simeonite, a son of Shemaiah and father of Jedaiah, a
chief of his tribe (1 Ch 4:37).
(2) The father of Jediael, a bodyguard of King David (1 Ch
(3) A son of Hosah, a Levite. He was appointed by David to be
doorkeeper in the house of the Lord. He was made chief of the
tribe, although not the firstborn of his family (1 Ch 26:10).
(4) One of the sons of Elizaphan, a Levite. He assisted in
purifying the temple in the time of Hezekiah (2 Ch 29:13).
S. L. Umbach
Shimri in Wikipedia
Shimri, thorn; dregs
Shimri Scripture - 1 Chronicles 11:45
Jediael the son of Shimri, and Joha his brother, the Tizite,
Shimri Scripture - 1 Chronicles 4:37
And Ziza the son of Shiphi, the son of Allon, the son of
Jedaiah, the son of Shimri, the son of Shemaiah;
Shimri Scripture - 2 Chronicles 29:13
And of the sons of Elizaphan; Shimri, and Jeiel: and of the
sons of Asaph; Zechariah, and Mattaniah: