Bible Names N-Z: Sheva
Sheva in Easton's Bible Dictionary
Heb. Shebher. (1.) The son of Caleb (1 Chr. 2:49).
(2.) Heb. Sheva', one of David's scribes (2 Sam.
Sheva in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. David's scribe (2 Samuel 20:25); SERAIAH in 2 Samuel 8:17;
SHISHA in 1 Kings 4:3; SHAVSHA in 1 Chronicles 18:16.
2. Father or founder of Machbena and Gibea (1
Sheva in Hitchcock's Bible Names
vanity; elevation; fame; tumult
Sheva in Naves Topical Bible
See SERAIAH, number one
-2. Son of Caleb
Sheva in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. The scribe or royal secretary of David. 2Sa 20:26
He is called elsewhere MERAIAH,
2Sa 8:17 SHISHA, 1Ki 4:3
and SHANSHA. 1Ch 18:16 (B.C. 1015.)
2. Son of Caleb ben-Hezron by his concubine Maachah.
1Ch 2:49 (B.C. about 1445.)
Sheva in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
she'-va (shewa'; Codex Vaticanus Saou; Codex Alexandrinus
Saoul, Lucian, Soue):
(1) A son of Caleb by his concubine Maacah (1 Ch 2:49).
(2) See SHAVSHA.
Sheva Scripture - 1 Chronicles 2:49
She bare also Shaaph the father of Madmannah, Sheva the father
of Machbenah, and the father of Gibea: and the daughter of
Caleb [was] Achsah.
Sheva Scripture - 2 Samuel 20:25
And Sheva [was] scribe: and Zadok and Abiathar [were] the
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2019 Bible History Online