Bible Names N-Z: Shephatiah
Shephathiah in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
Hebrew Shephatiah ("whom Jehovah defends".)
1. 1 Chronicles 9:8.
2. SHEPHATIAH, David's fifth son, by Abital (2 Samuel
3. A family of 372; returned with Zerubbabel (Ezra
2:4; Nehemiah 7:9); a second company of 80 under Zebadiah came
up with Ezra (Ezra 8:8).
4. Among "the children of Solomon's servants" (Ezra
5. Nehemiah 11:4.
6. Son of Mattan; urged Zedekiah to put Jeremiah to
death, as weakening the hands of the men of war, by
foretelling life to those who would go forth to the Chaldaeans
and death to those who should remain in the city (Jeremiah
7. 1 Chronicles 12:5.
8. 1 Chronicles 27:16.
9. 2 Chronicles 21:2.
Shephatiah in Easton's Bible Dictionary
judged of the Lord. (1.) A son of David by Abital (2 Sam.
(2.) A Benjamite who joined David at Ziklag (1 Chr.
(3.) A Simeonite prince in David's time (1 Chr.
(4.) One of Jehoshaphat's sons (2 Chr. 21:2).
(5.) Ezra 2:4.
(6.) Ezra 2:57; Neh. 7:59.
(7.) One of the princes who urged the putting of
death (Jer. 38:1-4).
Shephatiah in Hitchcock's Bible Names
the Lord that judges
Shephatiah in Naves Topical Bible
-1. Son of David
2Sa 3:4; 1Ch 3:3
-2. A Benjamite, father of Meshullam
-3. A valiant man who joined David at Ziklag
-4. A ruler of the tribe of Simeon
-5. Son of Jehoshaphat
-6. The name of two men, ancestors of families which
to Jerusalem from the captivity in Babylon
Ezr 2:4,57; 8:8; Ne 7:9,59
-7. A descendant of Perez
-8. An enemy of Jeremiah
Shephatiah in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(judged by Jehovah).
1. The fifth son of David. 2Sa 3:4; 1Ch 3:3 (B.C.
2. The family of Shephatiah, 372 in number, returned
with Zerubbabel. Ezr 2:4; Ne 7:9 see also Ezra 8:8 (B.C. 536.)
3. The family of another Shephatiah, who came up with
Zerubbabel. Ezr 2:4
4. A descendant of Judah. Ne 11:4
5. One of the princes of Judah who counselled Zedekiah
to put Jeremiah in the dungeon. Jer 38:1 (B.C. 589.)
6. One of the Benjamite warriors who joined David in
his retreat at Ziklag. 1Ch 12:5 (B.C. 1054.)
7. Chief of the Simeonites in the reign of David. 1Ch
8. Son of Jehoshaphat. 2Ch 21:2 (B.C. 887.)
Shephatiah in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
shef-a-ti'-a, she-fat'-ya (shephaTyah, "Yah has judged"):
(1) A son of David, by Abital (2 Sam 3:4; 1 Ch 3:3).
(2) A Benjamite, father of Meshullam, of Jerusalem (1 Ch 9:8).
(3) A Benjamite, who joined David at Ziklag (1 Ch 12:5).
(4) A prince of the Simeonites in the time of David (1 Ch
(5) A son of King Jehoshaphat (2 Ch 21:2).
(6) A family, 372 of whom returned with Zerubbabel (Ezr 2:4;
Neh 7:9); 80 more males of this family, with their head,
returned with Ezra (Ezr 8:8).
(7) A servant of Solomon, 392 of whose descendants returned
with Zerubbabel (Ezr 2:57 f; Neh 7:59 f); "Saphat" in 1 Esdras
5:9 and "Saphatias" in 1 Esdras 8:34.
(8) A Perezzite (Judahite), some of whose descendants dwelt at
Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah (Neh 11:4).
(9) A son of Mattan, a contemporary of Jeremiah (Jer 38:1).
Shephatiah in Wikipedia
Shephatiah was the son of David and Abital, David's fifth son,
according to II Samuel 3:4.
Shephatiah Scripture - 2 Chronicles 21:2
And he had brethren the sons of Jehoshaphat, Azariah, and
Jehiel, and Zechariah, and Azariah, and Michael, and
Shephatiah: all these [were] the sons of Jehoshaphat king of
Shephatiah Scripture - Ezra 2:57
The children of Shephatiah, the children of Hattil, the
children of Pochereth of Zebaim, the children of Ami.
Shephatiah Scripture - Nehemiah 11:4
And at Jerusalem dwelt [certain] of the children of Judah, and
of the children of Benjamin. Of the children of Judah; Athaiah
the son of Uzziah, the son of Zechariah, the son of Amariah,
the son of Shephatiah, the son of Mahalaleel, of the children
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2018 Bible History Online