Bible Names N-Z: Shelomith
Shelomith in Easton's Bible Dictionary
1. Married an Egyptian, a connection unfavourable for
promotion of piety (2 Corinthians 6:14-15); their son was
stoned for blasphemy (Leviticus 24:11).
2. 1 Chronicles 3:19.
3. 1 Chronicles 23:18; SHELOMOTH 1 Chronicles 24:22.
4. 1 Chronicles 26:25-26; 1 Chronicles 26:28.
5. Son of Shimei, a Gershonite (1 Chronicles 23:9).
The Gershonites numbered nine fathers' houses, six named after
Laadan, and three after Shimei. The three sons of Laadan (1
Chronicles 23:8) and the three of Shimei (1 Chronicles 23:9,
descended from Libni and not elsewhere named) were heads of
the fathers' houses of Laadan. The Shimei in 1 Chronicles 23:9
is distinct from the Shimei in 1 Chronicles 23:7. The sons of
the Shimei in 1 Chronicles 23:7 are not enumerated until 1
Chronicles 23:10. Laadan and Shimei are not named in 1
Chronicles 23:7 as being sons of Gershon, but as founders of
the two chief lilies of the Gershonites.
6. Ezra 8:10; but Septuagint read "of the sons of
Bani, Shelomith the son of Josiphiah."
Shelomith in Naves Topical Bible
-1. Mother of a blasphemer
-2. Daughter of Zerubbabel
-3. Son of Shimei
-4. A son of Izhar
-5. A descendant of Eliezer
-6. A son (daughter?) of Rehoboam
-7. Ancestor of a family that returned with Ezra from the
captivity in Babylon
Shelomith in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. The daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan. Le
2. The daughter of Zerubbabel. 1Ch 3:19 (B.C. after
3. Chief of the Izharites. 1Ch 23:18
4. A descendant of Eliezer the son of Moses, in the
reign of David. 1Ch 26:25,26,28 (B.C. 1013.)
5. A Gershonite. 1Ch 23:9
6. One whose sons returned from Babylon with Ezra. Ezr
Shelomith in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
she-lo'-mith, shel'-o-mith (shelomith; in Ezr 8:10,
(1) The mother of the man who was stoned for blasphemy (Lev
24:11) (BAF, Salomeith, Lucian, Salmith).
(2) Daughter of Zerubbabel (1 Ch 3:19) (Codex Vaticanus
Salomethei; Codex Alexandrinus Salomethi, Lucian, Salomith).
(3) One of the "sons of Izhar" (1 Ch 23:18) (Codex Vaticanus
Salomoth; Codex Alexandrinus Saloumoth, Lucian, Salomith),
called "Shelomoth" in 24:22.
(4) The name of a family whose representatives returned with
Ezra (Ezr 8:10) (Codex Vaticanus Saleimouth; Lucian,
Salimoth). The Massoretic Text here should read, "and the sons
of Bani; Shelomith, son of Josiphiah"; and in 1 Esdras 8:36,
"of the sons of Banias, Salimoth, son of Josaphias."
Horace J. Wolf
Shelomith Scripture - 1 Chronicles 26:26
Which Shelomith and his brethren [were] over all the treasures
of the dedicated things, which David the king, and the chief
fathers, the captains over thousands and hundreds, and the
captains of the host, had dedicated.
Shelomith Scripture - 1 Chronicles 26:28
And all that Samuel the seer, and Saul the son of Kish, and
Abner the son of Ner, and Joab the son of Zeruiah, had
dedicated; [and] whosoever had dedicated [any thing, it was]
under the hand of Shelomith, and of his brethren.
Shelomith Scripture - 1 Chronicles 3:19
And the sons of Pedaiah [were], Zerubbabel, and Shimei: and
the sons of Zerubbabel; Meshullam, and Hananiah, and Shelomith
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2019 Bible History Online