Shelemiah in Easton's Bible Dictionary
whom Jehovah repays. (1.) Ezra 10:39.
(2.) The father of Hananiah (Neh. 3:30).
(3.) A priest in the time of Nehemiah (13:13).
(4.) Father of one of those who accused Jeremiah to
(Jer. 37:3; 38:1).
(5.) Father of a captain of the ward (Jer. 37:13).
(6.) Jer. 36:14.
Shelemiah in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. Ezra 10:39.
2. Nehemiah 3:30; probably the same as in Nehemiah
8:8, one of the priests who made the sacred perfumes and
3. Over "the treasuries" of Levitical tithes (Nehemiah
4. Jeremiah 37:3.
5. Jeremiah 37:13.
6. Meshelemiah or Shallum (1 Chronicles 26:1; 1
7. Ezra 10:41.
8. Jeremiah 36:14.
9. Jeremiah 36:26.
Shelemiah in Hitchcock's Bible Names
God is my perfection; my happiness; my peace
Shelemiah in Naves Topical Bible
-1. A porter of the tabernacle
-2. Name of two descendants of Bani who put away (divorced)
-3. Father of Hananiah
-4. A priest made treasurer by Nehemiah
-5. Son of Cushi
-6. Son of Abdeel, commanded to seize Jeremiah
-7. Father of Jehucal
Jer 37:3; 38:1
-8. Father of Irijah
Shelemiah in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(repaid by Jehovah).
1. One of the sons of Bani in the time of Ezra. Ezr
10:30 (B.C. 458.)
2. The father of Hananiah. Ne 3:30
3. A priest in the time of Nehemiah. Ne 13:13
4. The father of Jehueal, or Jucal, in the time of
Zedekiah. Jer 37:3
5. The father of Irijah, the captain of the ward who
arrested Jeremiah. Jer 37:13 (B.C. before 589.)
6. The same as Meshelemiah and Shallum, 8. 1Ch 26:14
7. Another of the sons of Bani in the time of Ezra.
8. Ancestor of Jehudi in the time of Jehoiakim. Jer
9. Son of Abdeel; one of those who received the orders
of Jehoiakim to take Baruch and Jeremiah. Jer 36:26 (B.C.
Shelemiah in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
shel-e-mi'-a, she-lem'-ya (shelemyah; Codex Vaticanus
Selemia, Codex Alexandrinus (Selemias):
(1) One of the sons of Bani who married foreign wives in the
time of Ezra (Ezr 10:39), called "Selemias" in 1 Esdras
(2) Father of Hananiah who restored part of the wall of
Jerusalem (Neh 3:30) (Codex Vaticanus Telemia, ...,
(3) A priest who was appointed one of the treasurers to
distribute the Levitical tithes by Nehemiah (Neh 13:13).
(4) The father of Jehucal (or Jucal) in the reign of
Zedekiah (Jer 37:3; 38:1; in the second passage the name is
(5) The father of Irijah, the captain of the ward, who
arrested Jeremiah as a deserter to the Chaldeans (Jer
(6) 1 Ch 26:14.
(7) Another of the sons of Bani who married foreign wives in
the time of Ezra (Ezr 10:41). It is of interest to note that
the order of names in this passage--Sharai, Azarel, and
Shelemiah--is almost identical with the names in Jer 36:26,
namely, Seraiah, Azriel, Shelemiah.
(8) Ancestor of Jehudi (Jer 36:14).
(9) Septuagint omits.) Son of Abdeel, one of the men sent by
Jehoiakim to seize Baruch and Jeremiah after Baruch had read
the "roll" in the king's presence (Jer 36:26).
Horace J. Wolf
Shelemiah in Wikipedia
Shelemiah, God is my perfection; my happiness; my peace
Shelemiah Scripture - Jeremiah 36:14
Therefore all the princes sent Jehudi the son of Nethaniah,
the son of Shelemiah, the son of Cushi, unto Baruch, saying,
Take in thine hand the roll wherein thou hast read in the ears
of the people, and come. So Baruch the son of Neriah took the
roll in his hand, and came unto them.
Shelemiah Scripture - Jeremiah 38:1
Then Shephatiah the son of Mattan, and Gedaliah the son of
Pashur, and Jucal the son of Shelemiah, and Pashur the son of
Malchiah, heard the words that Jeremiah had spoken unto all
the people, saying,
Shelemiah Scripture - Nehemiah 13:13
And I made treasurers over the treasuries, Shelemiah the
priest, and Zadok the scribe, and of the Levites, Pedaiah: and
next to them [was] Hanan the son of Zaccur, the son of
Mattaniah: for they were counted faithful, and their office
[was] to distribute unto their brethren.