Bible Names N-Z: Shebaniah
Shebaniah in Easton's Bible Dictionary
whom Jehovah hides, or has made grow up. (1.) A Levite
to blow the trumpet before the ark of God (1 Chr.
(2.) Another Levite (Neh. 9:4, 5).
(3.) A priest (Neh. 10:12).
(4.) A Levite (Neh. 10:4).
Shebaniah in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. Nehemiah 9:4-5; Nehemiah 10:10.
2. Nehemiah 10:4; Nehemiah 12:14; Shechaniah in
3. Nehemiah 10:12.
4. 1 Chronicles 15:24.
Shebaniah in Hitchcock's Bible Names
the Lord that converts
Shebaniah in Naves Topical Bible
-1. A priest in the time of David
-2. A Levite who joined Nehemiah in covenant
Ne 9:4,5; 10:10
-3. A priest who joined Nehemiah in covenant
Ne 10:4; 12:14
-4. A Levite who joined Nehemiah in covenant
Shebaniah in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(increased by Jehovah).
1. A Levite in the time of Ezra. Ne 9:4,5 He sealed
the covenant with Nehemiah. Ne 10:10 (B.C. 459.)
2. A priest or priestly family who sealed the covenant
with Nehemiah. Ne 10:4; 12:14 Called SHECHANIAH in
3. Another Levite who sealed the covenant with
Nehemiah. Ne 10:12
4. One of the priests appointed by David to blow with
the trumpets before the ark of God. 1Ch 15:24 (B.C. 1043.)
Shebaniah in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
sheb-a-ni'-a, she-ban'-ya (shebhanyah, in 1 Ch 15:24,
(1) Name of a Levite or a Levitical family that participated
in the religious rites that followed the reading of the Law
(Neh 9:4). The name is given in Neh 10:10 among those that
sealed the covenant.
(2) A priest or Levite who took part in the sealing of the
covenant (Neh 10:4; 12:14).
(3) Another Levite who sealed the covenant (Neh 10:12).
(4) A priest in the time of David (1 Ch 15:24).
Shebaniah Scripture - 1 Chronicles 15:24
And Shebaniah, and Jehoshaphat, and Nethaneel, and Amasai, and
Zechariah, and Benaiah, and Eliezer, the priests, did blow
with the trumpets before the ark of God: and Obededom and
Jehiah [were] doorkeepers for the ark.
Shebaniah Scripture - Nehemiah 9:4
Then stood up upon the stairs, of the Levites, Jeshua, and
Bani, Kadmiel, Shebaniah, Bunni, Sherebiah, Bani, [and]
Chenani, and cried with a loud voice unto the LORD their God.
Shebaniah Scripture - Nehemiah 9:5
Then the Levites, Jeshua, and Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah,
Sherebiah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, [and] Pethahiah, said, Stand up
[and] bless the LORD your God for ever and ever: and blessed
be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2019 Bible History Online