Bible Names N-Z: Shammua
Shammua in Easton's Bible Dictionary
heard. (1.) One of the spies sent out by Moses to search the
land (Num. 13:4). He represented the tribe of Reuben.
(2.) One of David's sons (1 Chr. 14:4; 3:5, "Shimea;"
(3.) A Levite under Nehemiah (11:17).
Shammua in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. Numbers 13:4.
2. 1 Chronicles 14:4; Shimea in 1 Chronicles 3:5.
3. Nehemiah 11:17; called also Shemaiah, father of
Obadiah (1 Chronicles 9:16).
4. Nehemiah 12:18.
Shammua in Naves Topical Bible
-1. The representative of the tribe of Reuben among the twelve
spies sent into Canaan
-3. A Levite, father of Abda
-4. A priest
Shammua in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. Reubenite spy, son of Zaccur. Nu 13:4 (B.C. 1490.)
2. Son of David, by his wife Bathsheba. 1Ch 14:4 (B.C.
3. A Levite, the father of Abda. Ne 11:17 The same as
4. The representative of the priestly family of Bilgah
or Bilgai, in the days of Joiakim. Ne 12:18 (B.C. about 500.)
Shammua in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
sha-mu'-a, sham'-u-a (shammua`):
(1) The Reubenite spy (Nu 13:4, Samouel, and other forms).
(2) One of David's sons (2 Sam 5:14; 1 Ch 14:4, Sammous). In 1
Ch 3:5 he is called "Shimea."
(3) A Levite (Neh 11:17); he is called "Shemaiah" in 1 Ch
(4) The head of a priestly family (Neh 12:18); a contemporary
Shammua in Wikipedia
Shammua, the son of Zaccur of the house of Reuben, was a scout
sent to Canaan prior to the crossing of the Jordan River
according to Numbers 13:4.
Shammua Scripture - 1 Chronicles 14:4
Now these [are] the names of [his] children which he had in
Jerusalem; Shammua, and Shobab, Nathan, and Solomon,
Shammua Scripture - 2 Samuel 5:14
And these [be] the names of those that were born unto him in
Jerusalem; Shammua, and Shobab, and Nathan, and Solomon,
Shammua Scripture - Nehemiah 11:17
And Mattaniah the son of Micha, the son of Zabdi, the son of
Asaph, [was] the principal to begin the thanksgiving in
prayer: and Bakbukiah the second among his brethren, and Abda
the son of Shammua, the son of Galal, the son of Jeduthun.
Shammuah in Hitchcock's Bible Names
he that is heard; he that is obeyed
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2019 Bible History Online