Ozias in Easton's Bible Dictionary
son of Joram (Matt. 1:8); called also Uzziah (2 Kings 15:32,
Ozias in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
OZIAS or UZZIAH.
Asa was the father of Jehoshaphat, Jehoshaphat the father of
Joram, F10 and Joram the father of Uzziah.
Uzziah was the father of Jotham, F11 Jotham the father of
Ahaz, and Ahaz the father of Hezekiah.
Ozias in Hitchcock's Bible Names
strength from the Lord
Ozias in Naves Topical Bible
-A form given to the name of King Uzziah
Ozias in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(strength from the Lord).
1. Uzzi, one of the ancestors of Ezra. 2, Esd. 2:2.
2. Uzziah, king of Judah. Mt 1:8,9
Ozias in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
(1) (Ozeias, Ozias, Codex Vaticanus a b): The son of Micah, a
Simeonite, one of the 3 rulers of Bethulia in the days of
Judith (Judith 6:15,16; 7:23; 8:9 ff; 10:6).
(2) (Ozeias, Codex Vaticanus and Swete; the King James Version
has Ezias (1 Esdras 8:2), following Codex Alexandrinus Ezias):
An ancestor of Ezra (1 Esdras 8:2; 2 Esdras 1:2) = "Uzzi" of
Ezr 7:4; 1 Ch 6:51.
(3) Head of a family of temple-servants who returned with
Zerubbabel (1 Esdras 5:31) = "Uzza" of Ezr 2:49; Neh 7:51.
(4) Greek form of UZZIAH (which see) in Mt 1:8,9 the King
James Version. A king of Judah.
Ozias Scripture - Matthew 1:8
And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram
Ozias Scripture - Matthew 1:9
And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz