Nethaneel in Easton's Bible Dictionary
given of God. (1.) The son of Zuar, chief of the tribe of
Issachar at the Exodus (Num. 1:8; 2:5).
(2.) One of David's brothers (1 Chr. 2:14).
(3.) A priest who blew the trumpet before the ark when
brought up to Jerusalem (1 Chr. 15:24).
(4.) A Levite (1 Chr. 24:6).
(5.) A temple porter, of the family of the Korhites (1
(6.) One of the "princes" appointed by Jehoshaphat to
the law through the cities of Judah (2 Chr. 17:7).
(7.) A chief Levite in the time of Josiah (2 Chr.
(8.) Ezra 10:22.
(9.) Neh. 12:21.
(10.) A priest's son who bore a trumpet at the
the walls of Jerusalem (Neh. 12:36).
Nethaneel in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
METHANEEL or NATHANAEL in the New Testament ("God-given".)
1. Prince of Issachar at the Exodus, son of Zuar. On
the E. of Israel on march, and next Judah (Numbers 1:8;
Numbers 2:5; Numbers 7:18; Numbers 7:23; Numbers 10:15).
2. 1 Chronicles 2:14.
3. 1 Chronicles 15:24.
4. 1 Chronicles 24:6.
5. 1 Chronicles 26:4.
6. 2 Chronicles 17:7.
7. Under Josiah gave liberal offerings for the solemn
Passover (2 Chronicles 35:9).
8. A priest of Pashur's family who married a foreign
wife (Ezra 10:22).
9. Representative of Jedaiah in the days of Joiakim,
son of Jeshua (Nehemiah 12:21).
10. A Levite, of the sons of Asaph; performed with the
musical instruments of David, at the dedication of the wall
Nethaneel in Hitchcock's Bible Names
same as Nathanael
Nethaneel in Naves Topical Bible
-1. The prince of the tribe of Issachar
Counts the tribe
Captain of the host of Issachar
Nu 2:5; 10:15
Liberality of, for the tabernacle
-2. A priest and doorkeeper for the ark of the covenant
-3. A Levite
-4. Son of Obed-edom, and porter of the temple
-5. A prince sent by Jehoshaphat to teach the law in the
-6. A Levite
-7. A priest who divorced his Gentile wife
-8. A priest
-9. A Levite and musician
Nethaneel in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(given of God).
1. The son of Zuar and prince of the tribe of
Issachar at the time of the exodus. Nu 1:8; 2:5; 7:18 (B.C.
2. The fourth son of Jesse and brother of David. 1Ch
3. A priest in the reign of David who blew the
trumpet before the ark when it was brought from the house of
Obededom. 1Ch 15:24 (B.C. 1055.)
4. A Levite, father of Shemaiah the scribe, in the
reign of David. 1Ch 24:6
5. A son of Obed-edom. 1Ch 26:4
6. One of the princes of Judah whom Jehoshaphat sent
to teach in the cities of his kingdom. 2Ch 17:7 (B.C. 912.)
7. A chief of the Levites in the reign of Josiah.
2Ch 35:9 (B.C. 628.)
8. A priest of the family of Pashur, in the time of
Ezra, who married a foreign wife. (B.C. 458.)
9. The representative of the priestly family of
Jedaiah in the time of Joiakim. Ne 12:21 (B.C. 446.)
10. A Levite, of the sons of Asaph, who with his
brethren played upon the musical instruments of David at the
dedication of the wall of Jerusalem under Ezra and Nehemiah.
Ne 12:36 (B.C. 446.)
Nethaneel in Wikipedia
Nethaneel - נתנאל "Gift of/is God", Standard Hebrew Nətanʾel,
Tiberian Hebrew Nəṯanʾēl
The son of Zuar, chief of the tribe of Issachar at the Exodus
(Num. 1:8; 2:5).
One of David's brothers (1 Chr. 2:14).
A priest who blew the trumpet before the ark when it was
brought up to Jerusalem (1 Chr. 15:24).
A Levite (1 Chr. 24:6).
A temple porter, of the family of the Korhites (1 Chr. 26:4).
One of the "princes" appointed by Jehoshaphat to teach the law
through the cities of Judah (2 Chr. 17:7).
A chief Levite in the time of Josiah (2 Chr. 35:9).
A priest's son who bore a trumpet at the dedication of the
walls of Jerusalem (Neh. 12:36).
The Midrash lists Nethaneel as one of the several names of
Nethaneel Scripture - 1 Chronicles 24:6
And Shemaiah the son of Nethaneel the scribe, [one] of the
Levites, wrote them before the king, and the princes, and
Zadok the priest, and Ahimelech the son of Abiathar, and
[before] the chief of the fathers of the priests and Levites:
one principal household being taken for Eleazar, and [one]
taken for Ithamar.
Nethaneel Scripture - 2 Chronicles 35:9
Conaniah also, and Shemaiah and Nethaneel, his brethren, and
Hashabiah and Jeiel and Jozabad, chief of the Levites, gave
unto the Levites for passover offerings five thousand [small
cattle], and five hundred oxen.
Nethaneel Scripture - Numbers 2:5
And those that do pitch next unto him [shall be] the tribe of
Issachar: and Nethaneel the son of Zuar [shall be] captain of
the children of Issachar.
Nethanel in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
ne-than'-el, neth'-a-nel (nethan'el, "God has given";
Nathanael; the King James Version Nethaneel, ne-than'-e-el):
(1) A chief or prince of Issachar (Nu 1:8; 2:5; 7:18,23;
(2) The 4th son of Jesse (1 Ch 2:14).
(3) One of the trumpet-blowers before the ark when it was
brought up from the house of Obededom (1 Ch 15:24).
(4) A Levite scribe, the father of Shemaiah (1 Ch 24:6).
(5) The 5th son of Obed-edom (1 Ch 26:4).
(6) One of the princes whom Jehoshaphat sent to teach in the
cities of Judah (2 Ch 17:7).
(7) A Levite who gave cattle for Josiah's Passover (2 Ch
(8) One of the priests who had married foreign wives (Ezr
10:22; compare 1 Esdras 9:22).
(9) A priest registered under the high priest Joiakim (Neh
(10) A Levite musician who assisted at the dedication of the
walls (Neh 12:36).
John A. Lees