Mahalaleel in Easton's Bible Dictionary
praise of God. (1.) The son of Cainan, of the line of Seth
5:12-17); called Maleleel (Luke 3:37).
(2.) Neh. 11:4, a descendant of Perez.
Mahalaleel in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. Fourth from Adam in Seth's line, Cainan's son ("the praise
2. Nehemiah 11:4.
Mahalaleel in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Mahalaleel in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(praise of God).
1. The fourth in descent from Adam, according to the
Sethite genealogy, and son of Cainan. Ge 6:12,13,15-17; 1Ch
1:2; Lu 3:37 Revised Version.
2. A descendant of Perez or Pharez the son of Judah.
Mahalalel in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
ma-ha'-la-lel (mahalal'el; the King James Version Mahalaleel,
(1) Son of Cainan, the grandson of Seth (Gen 5:12 ff; 1 Ch
(2) The ancestor of Athaiah, one of the children of Judah who
dwelt in Jerusalem after the return from exile (Neh 11:4).
Mahaleleel in Naves Topical Bible
-1. Also called MALELEEL
Son of Cainan
Ge 5:12-17; 1Ch 1:2; Lu 3:37
-2. A man of Judah