Jozabad in Easton's Bible Dictionary
whom Jehovah bestows. (1.) One of the Benjamite archers who
joined David at Ziklag (1 Chr. 12:4).
(2.) A chief of the tribe of Manasseh (1 Chr. 12:20).
Jozabad in Hitchcock's Bible Names
same as Josabad
Jozabad in Naves Topical Bible
-1. Two men of Manasseh
-2. Two Levites
2Ch 31:13; 35:9
-3. Son of Jeshua
-4. A priest
-5. Three Levites
Ezr 10:23; Ne 8:7; 11:16
-6. One of David's famous warriors
Jozabad in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. A captain of the thousands of Manasseh, who
deserted to David before the battle of Gilboa. 1Ch 12:20 (B.C.
2. A hero of Manasseh, like the preceding. 1Ch 12:20
3. A Levite in the reign of Hezekiah. 2Ch 31:13 (B.C.
4. A chief Levite in the reign of Josiah. 2Ch 35:9
5. A Levite, son of Jeshua, in the days of Ezra. Ezr
8:33 (B.C. 459.) Probably identical with No. 7.
6. A priest of the sons of Pashur, who had married a
foreign wife. Ezr 10:22
7. A Levite among those who returned with Ezra and had
married foreign wives. He is probably identical with Jozabad
the Levite, Ne 8:7 and with Jozabad who presided over the
outer work of the temple. Ne 11:16 (B.C. 459.)
Jozabad in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
joz'-a-bad (yozabhadh, "Yahweh has bestowed"):
(1) A Gederathite, and one of David's recruits at Ziklag (1 Ch
12:4 (Hebrew 5)). He is named with the Benjamites, but
possibly he was a native of the town Gedara in Southern Judah.
See Curtis, Chronicles, 196.
(2), (3) Two Manassite captains who joined David at Ziklag (1
Ch 12:20 (Hebrew 21)).
(4) A Levite overseer in Hezekiah's time (2 Ch 31:13); may be
the ancestor of the chief of the priests in 2 Ch 35:9 =
"Joram" of 1 Esdras 1:9.
(5) A Levite (Ezr 8:33), mentioned again probably in Ezr
10:23; Neh 8:7; 11:16. The name in 1 Esdras 8:63 ( = Ezr 8:33)
is "Josabdus" (the King James Version "Josabad").
(6) A priest who had married a foreign wife Ezr 10:22) =
"Ocidelus" of 1 Esdras 9:22.
Jozabad Scripture - 2 Chronicles 31:13
And Jehiel, and Azaziah, and Nahath, and Asahel, and Jerimoth,
and Jozabad, and Eliel, and Ismachiah, and Mahath, and
Benaiah, [were] overseers under the hand of Cononiah and
Shimei his brother, at the commandment of Hezekiah the king,
and Azariah the ruler of the house of God.
Jozabad Scripture - 2 Chronicles 35:9
Conaniah also, and Shemaiah and Nethaneel, his brethren, and
Hashabiah and Jeiel and Jozabad, chief of the Levites, gave
unto the Levites for passover offerings five thousand [small
cattle], and five hundred oxen.
Jozabad Scripture - Nehemiah 8:7
Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub,
Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad,
Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to
understand the law: and the people [stood] in their place.