Bible Names H-M: Joram
Joram in Easton's Bible Dictionary
=Jeho'ram. (1.) One of the kings of Israel (2 Kings 8:16, 25,
28). He was the son of Ahab.
(2.) Jehoram, the son and successor of Jehoshaphat on
throne of Judah (2 Kings 8:24).
Joram in Hitchcock's Bible Names
to cast; elevated
Joram in Naves Topical Bible
-1. A son of Toi
-2. Also called JEHORAM
King of Israel
2Ki 1:17; 3:1
King of Syria sends Naaman to, so that Namaan may be
of his leprosy
Has war with the king of Syria
2Ki 6:8-23; 7; 8:28,29; 2Ch 22:5,6
Inquires for the particulars concerning Elisha's miracles
Killed by Jehu
Joram in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(whom Jehovah has exalted).
1. Son of Ahab king of Israel. 2Ki 8:16,25,28,29;
9:14,17,21-23,29 [JEHORAM, 1]
2. Son of Jehosphaphat; king of Judah. 2Ki 8:21,23,24;
1Ch 3:11; 2Ch 22:5,7; Mt 1:8 [JEHORAM, 2]
3. A priest in the reign of Jehoshaphat. 2Ch 17:8
4. A Levite, ancestor of Shelomith, in the time of
David. 1Ch 26:25
5. Son of Toi king of Hamath. 2Sa 8:10 [HADORAM]
6. 1 Esd. 1:9. [JOSABAD, 3]
Joram in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
jo'-ram (yoram, "Yahweh is exalted"; compare JEHORAM):
(1) Son of Toi (or Tou, according to Septuagint, Codex
Vaticanus, and 1 Ch 18:9,10), sent by his father to greet
David (2 Sam 8:10) = "Hadoram" (1 Ch 18:9,10) a form preferred
by commentators in 2 Sam also.
(2) Same as Jehoram, king of Judah (2 Ki 8:21-24; 11:2; 1 Ch
3:11; Mt 1:8 Ioram).
(3) Same as Jehoram, king of Northern Israel (2 Ki 8:29;
compare 2 Ki 9:15 the Revised Version margin).
(4) (In form yoram): A Levite (1 Ch 26:25).
(5) (Ioram, 1 Esdras 1:9) = "Jozabad" (2 Ch 35:9); see JOZABAD
Joram in Wikipedia
Joram may refer to:
Jehoram (disambiguation) (meaning "God is exalted" in Biblical
Joram Scripture - 2 Kings 11:2
But Jehosheba, the daughter of king Joram, sister of Ahaziah,
took Joash the son of Ahaziah, and stole him from among the
king's sons [which were] slain; and they hid him, [even] him
and his nurse, in the bedchamber from Athaliah, so that he was
Joram Scripture - 2 Kings 8:16
And in the fifth year of Joram the son of Ahab king of Israel,
Jehoshaphat [being] then king of Judah, Jehoram the son of
Jehoshaphat king of Judah began to reign.
Joram Scripture - 2 Kings 9:15
But king Joram was returned to be healed in Jezreel of the
wounds which the Syrians had given him, when he fought with
Hazael king of Syria.) And Jehu said, If it be your minds,
[then] let none go forth [nor] escape out of the city to go to
tell [it] in Jezreel.
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2019 Bible History Online