Elioenai in Easton's Bible Dictionary
toward Jehovah are my eyes, the name of several men mentioned
the Old Testament (1 Chr. 7:8; 4:36; Ezra 10:22, 27).
these was the eldest son of Neariah, son of Shemaiah,
descendants of Zerubbabel. His family are the latest
in the Old Testament (1 Chr. 3:23, 24).
Elioenai in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
("toward Jehovah my eyes are turned".)
1. 1 Chronicles 7:8.
2. 1 Chronicles 4:36.
3. 1 Chronicles 26:3.
4. In the seventh generation from Zerubbabel,
contemporary with Alexander the Great, but the Hebrew (1
Chronicles 3:23-24) is probably an error, and Shemaiah,
grandfather of Elioenai and father of Neariah, Elioenai's
father, is probably Shimei, Zerubbabel's brother.
5. Ezra 10:22; compare Nehemiah 12:41.
6. Ezra 10:27; Nehemiah 7:13; Nehemiah 10:14.
Elioenai in Hitchcock's Bible Names
toward him are mine eyes; or to him are my fountains
Elioenai in Naves Topical Bible
See also ELIHOENAI
-1. Son of Becher
-2. A chief of Simeon
-3. A priest
Possibly identical with one mentioned in
-4. An Israelite
-5. Son of Neariah
Elioenai in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(my eyes are toward the Lord).
1. Elsest son of Neariah, the son of Shemaiah. 1Ch
2. Head of a family of the Simeonites. 1Ch 4:36 (B.C.
3. Head of one of the families of the sons of Becher,
the son of Benjamin. 1Ch 7:8
4. A Korhite Levite, and one of the doorkeepers of the
"house of Jehovah." 1Ch 26:3
5. A priest in the days of Ezra, one of those who had
married foreign wives. Ezr 10:22 (B.C. 446.) Possibly the same
6. An Israelite of the sons of Zattu, who had also
married a foreign wife. Ezr 10:27 (B.C. 458.)
Elioenai in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
Elioenai Scripture - 1 Chronicles 3:24
And the sons of Elioenai [were], Hodaiah, and Eliashib, and
Pelaiah, and Akkub, and Johanan, and Dalaiah, and Anani,
Elioenai Scripture - 1 Chronicles 7:8
And the sons of Becher; Zemira, and Joash, and Eliezer, and
Elioenai, and Omri, and Jerimoth, and Abiah, and Anathoth, and
Alameth. All these [are] the sons of Becher.
Elioenai Scripture - Nehemiah 12:41
And the priests; Eliakim, Maaseiah, Miniamin, Michaiah,
Elioenai, Zechariah, [and] Hananiah, with trumpets;