Bible Names A-G: Eliel
Eliel in Easton's Bible Dictionary
to whom God is might. (1.) A chief of Manasseh, on the east of
Jordan (1 Chr. 5:24).
(2.) A Gadite who joined David in the hold at Ziklag
(3.) One of the overseers of the offerings in the
Hezekiah (2 Chr. 31:13).
Eliel in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. 1 Chronicles 5:24.
2. 1 Chronicles 6:34. (See ELIAB 6, (See ELIHU 2, probably the
3. 1 Chronicles 8:20-21. 1 Chronicles 8:4.
22. 1 Chronicles 8:5. 1 Chronicles 11:46.
6. 1 Chronicles 11:47.
7. 1 Chronicles 12:8; 1 Chronicles 12:11.
8. 1 Chronicles 15:9-11. 1 Chronicles 15:9.
Eliel in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Eliel in Naves Topical Bible
1. A chief of Manasseh
-2. Son of Toah
-3. Two Benjamite chiefs
-4. Three of David's heroes, bearing the same name
1Ch 11:46,47; 12:11
-5. Chief of Levites
-6. A Levite, who had charge of the temple
Eliel in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(to whom God is strength).
1. One of the heads of the tribe of Manasseh on the
east of Jordan. 1Ch 5:24
2. A forefather of Samuel the prophet. 1Ch 6:34
3. A chief man in the tribe of Benjamin. 1Ch 8:20
4. Also a Benjamite chief. 1Ch 8:22
5. One of the heroes of David's guard. 1Ch 11:46
6. Another of the same guard. 1Ch 11:47
7. One of the Gadite heroes who came across Jordan to
David when he was in the wilderness of Judah hiding from Saul.
8. A Kohathite Levite at the time of transportation of
the ark from the house of Obed-edom to Jerusalem. 1Ch 15:9,11
9. A Levite in the time of Hezekiah; one of the
overseers of the offerings made in the temple. 2Ch 31:13 (B.C.
Eliel in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
e-li'-el, el'-i-el ('eli'el, "El is God," or "my God is God"):
(1, 2, 3) Mighty men of David (1 Ch 11:46,47; 12:11).
(4) A chief of Manasseh, east of the Jordan (1 Ch 5:24).
(5, 6) Two chiefs of Benjamin (1 Ch 8:20,22).
(7) A chief Levite from Hebron (1 Ch 15:9,11):
(8) A Kohathite in the line of Elkshah, Samuel and Heman (1 Ch
See ELIAB (4).
(9) A Levite of the time of Hezekiah (2 Ch 31:13).
Eliel in Wikipedia
is a Hebrew name. It can be translated to English as "My God
Means Angel or Archangel.
The name is formed from two different Hebrew terms for God.
Eli, meaning "my God" and El "God". Therefore the commonly
understood meaning of the name is "my God God" or "my God is
Eliel Scripture - 1 Chronicles 15:11
And David called for Zadok and Abiathar the priests, and for
the Levites, for Uriel, Asaiah, and Joel, Shemaiah, and Eliel,
Eliel Scripture - 1 Chronicles 5:24
And these [were] the heads of the house of their fathers, even
Epher, and Ishi, and Eliel, and Azriel, and Jeremiah, and
Hodaviah, and Jahdiel, mighty men of valour, famous men, [and]
heads of the house of their fathers.
Eliel Scripture - 2 Chronicles 31:13
And Jehiel, and Azaziah, and Nahath, and Asahel, and Jerimoth,
and Jozabad, and Eliel, and Ismachiah, and Mahath, and
Benaiah, [were] overseers under the hand of Cononiah and
Shimei his brother, at the commandment of Hezekiah the king,
and Azariah the ruler of the house of God.
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2019 Bible History Online