Dodai in Easton's Bible Dictionary
loving, one of David's captains (1 Chr. 27:4). (See DODO)
Dodai in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. (1 Chronicles 27:4) DODO (1 Chronicles 11:12; 2 Samuel
23:8). Possibly the clause "Eleazar, the son of," has fallen
out before "Dodai" in 1 Chronicles 27:4. Jewish tradition
makes Dodo or Dodai the brother of Jesse.
2. DODO of Bethlehem (2 Samuel 23:24; 1 Chronicles
3. Dodai of Issachar (Judges 10:1).
Dodai in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Dodai in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(loving, amorous), an Ahohite who commanded the course of the
second month. 1Ch 27:4 It is probable that he is the same as
Dodai in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
do'-do, (dodho, dodhay, "beloved"):
(1) The grandfather of Tola of the tribe of Issachar, one of
the judges (Jdg 10:1).
(2) "The Ahohite," father of Eleazar, one of David's heroes,
and (2 Sam 23:9; 1 Ch 11:12) himself the commander of one of
the divisions of the army (1 Ch 27:4).
(3) The Bethlehemite, father of Elhanan, one of David's mighty
men (2 Sam 23:24; 1 Ch 11:26).
Dodai Scripture - 1 Chronicles 27:4
And over the course of the second month [was] Dodai an
Ahohite, and of his course [was] Mikloth also the ruler: in
his course likewise [were] twenty and four thousand.