Bible Names A-G: Berechiah
Berachiah in Hitchcock's Bible Names
speaking well of the Lord
Berechiah in Easton's Bible Dictionary
blessed by Jehovah. (1.) Son of Shimea, and father of Asaph
musician (1 Chr. 6:39; 15:17).
(2.) One of the seven Ephraimite chieftains, son of
Meshillemoth (2 Chr. 28:12).
(3.) The fourth of the five sons of Zerubbabel, of the
family of Judah (1 Chr. 3:20).
(4.) The father of the prophet Zechariah (1:1,7).
Berechiah in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. 1 Chronicles 3:20.
2. Nehemiah 3:4; Nehemiah 3:30; Nehemiah 6:18.
3. 1 Chronicles 9:16.
4. 1 Chronicles 15:23.
5. 2 Chronicles 28:12.
6. 2 Chronicles 1:1.
7. Zechariah 1:1; Zechariah 1:7.
Berechiah in Naves Topical Bible
1. Fatber of Asaph
-2. A warrior of Ephraim
-3. A brother of Zerubbabel
-4. Son of Asa
-5. Son of Iddo
-6. Son of Meshezabeel
Ne 3:4,30; 6:18
Berechiah in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(blessed of Jehovah).
1. A descendant of the royal family of Judah. 1Ch 3:20
2. A man mentioned as the father of Meshullam, who
assisted in rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem. Ne 3:4,30; 6:18
3. A Levite. 1Ch 9:16
4. A doorkeeper for the ark. 1Ch 15:23
5. One of the tribe of Ephraim in the time of Ahaz.
6. Father of Asaph the singer. 1Ch 15:17 [BERACHIAH]
7. Father of Zechariah. Zec 1:1,7
Berechiah in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
ber-e-ki'-a (berekhyah, berekhyahu, "Yahweh blesses," HPN,
(1) A descendant of David (1 Ch 3:20).
(2) The father of Asaph, the singer (1 Ch 6:39 the King James
Version "Berachiah"; 1 Ch 15:17).
(3) A former inhabitant of Jerusalem, a Levee (1 Ch 9:16).
(4) A doorkeeper 'for the ark at David's time (1 Ch 15:23).
(5) One of the heads of the children of Ephraim (2 Ch 28:12).
(6) The father of Meshullam the builder (Neh 3:4,30; 6:18).
(7) The father of the prophet Zechariah (Zec 11:7).
A. L. Breslich
Berechiah in Wikipedia
is a Jewish name that occurs several times in the Bible. It
is derived from Berakhah, "blessing". In scripture
the father of Zechariah (Hebrew prophet).
Berechiah Scripture - 1 Chronicles 15:17
So the Levites appointed Heman the son of Joel; and of his
brethren, Asaph the son of Berechiah; and of the sons of
Merari their brethren, Ethan the son of Kushaiah;
Berechiah Scripture - Nehemiah 3:4
And next unto them repaired Meremoth the son of Urijah, the
son of Koz. And next unto them repaired Meshullam the son of
Berechiah, the son of Meshezabeel. And next unto them repaired
Zadok the son of Baana.
Berechiah Scripture - Zechariah 1:7
Upon the four and twentieth day of the eleventh month, which
[is] the month Sebat, in the second year of Darius, came the
word of the LORD unto Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, the son
of Iddo the prophet, saying,
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2019 Bible History Online