Contracted from Uzziah.
1. Son of Bukki, father of Zerahiah, in the high priests' line (1 Chronicles 6:5; 1 Chronicles 6:51; Ezra 7:4). Between Abishua and Zadok in the genealogy, yet never high priest (Josephus Ant. 8:1). Contemporary with, or earlier somewhat than, Eli.
2. Son of Tola of Issachar (1 Chronicles 7:2-3). 1 Chronicles 7:3. Son of Bela of Benjamin (1 Chronicles 7:7).
4. Son of Michri of Benjamin, ancestor of settlers at Jerusalem after the captivity (1 Chronicles 9:8).
5. A Levite, son of Bani, overseer of the Levites at Jerusalem (Nehemiah 11:22).
6. A priest, chief of the fathers' house of Jedaiah, in the high priesthood of Joiakim (Nehemiah 12:19).
7. A priest who assisted Nehemiah at the dedication of the wall (Nehemiah 12:42).
Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE)
Online Bible (KJV)
Naves Topical Bible
Smith's Bible Dictionary
Easton's Bible Dictionary
Schaff's Bible Dictionary
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
Matthew Henry Bible Commentary
Hitchcock's Bible Dictionary
Related Bible History
Meaning and definition of fasting, what is fasting in the bible, fasting definition, why should I fast, the power of prayer and fasting, Location of Galilee, where was galilee in the bible?, fasting definition, Galilee region, cities of Galilee, Sea of Galilee, Definition of biblical fire, what is fire in the bible?, fire and brimstone, fire meaning, baking bread with fire, Definition of the biblical firmament in Genesis, what is the firmament in the bible?, was the firmament the third heaven, firmament meaning, did the firmament bring the flood of Noah?.