1. Married an Egyptian, a connection unfavourable for promotion of piety (2 Corinthians 6:14-15); their son was stoned for blasphemy (Leviticus 24:11).
2. 1 Chronicles 3:19.
3. 1 Chronicles 23:18; SHELOMOTH 1 Chronicles 24:22.
4. 1 Chronicles 26:25-26; 1 Chronicles 26:28.
5. Son of Shimei, a Gershonite (1 Chronicles 23:9). The Gershonites numbered nine fathers' houses, six named after Laadan, and three after Shimei. The three sons of Laadan (1 Chronicles 23:8) and the three of Shimei (1 Chronicles 23:9, descended from Libni and not elsewhere named) were heads of the fathers' houses of Laadan. The Shimei in 1 Chronicles 23:9 is distinct from the Shimei in 1 Chronicles 23:7. The sons of the Shimei in 1 Chronicles 23:7 are not enumerated until 1 Chronicles 23:10. Laadan and Shimei are not named in 1 Chronicles 23:7 as being sons of Gershon, but as founders of the two chief lilies of the Gershonites.
6. Ezra 8:10; but Septuagint read "of the sons of Bani, Shelomith the son of Josiphiah."
Fausset's Bible Dictionary Home
Bible History Online Home
Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE)
Online Bible (KJV)
Naves Topical Bible
Smith's Bible Dictionary
Easton's Bible Dictionary
Schaff's Bible Dictionary
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
Matthew Henry Bible Commentary
Hitchcock's Bible Dictionary
Meaning and definition of fasting, what is fasting in the bible, fasting definition, why should I fast, the power of prayer and fasting, Location of Galilee, where was galilee in the bible?, fasting definition, Galilee region, cities of Galilee, Sea of Galilee, Definition of biblical fire, what is fire in the bible?, fire and brimstone, fire meaning, baking bread with fire, Definition of the biblical firmament in Genesis, what is the firmament in the bible?, was the firmament the third heaven, firmament meaning, did the firmament bring the flood of Noah?.