(1) The ocean in general (Genesis 1:2; Genesis 1:10; Deuteronomy 30:13).
(2) The Mediterranean, with the article; "the hinder," "western," or "utmost sea" (Deuteronomy 11:24); "the sea of the Philistines," "the great sea" (Exodus 23:31; Numbers 34:6-7).
(3) The Red Sea (Exodus 15:4).
(4) Inland lakes, as the Salt or Dead Sea.
(5) The Nile flood, and the Euphrates (Isaiah 19:5; Jeremiah 51:36). In Deuteronomy 28:68, "Jehovah shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships," explain, thou didst cross the sea, the waves parting before thee, in leaving Egypt; thou shalt return confined in slave ships.
Fausset's Bible Dictionary Home
Bible History Online Home
Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE)
Online Bible (KJV)
Naves Topical Bible
Smith's Bible Dictionary
Easton's Bible Dictionary
Schaff's Bible Dictionary
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
Matthew Henry Bible Commentary
Hitchcock's Bible Dictionary
Meaning and definition of fasting, what is fasting in the bible, fasting definition, why should I fast, the power of prayer and fasting, Location of Galilee, where was galilee in the bible?, fasting definition, Galilee region, cities of Galilee, Sea of Galilee, Definition of biblical fire, what is fire in the bible?, fire and brimstone, fire meaning, baking bread with fire, Definition of the biblical firmament in Genesis, what is the firmament in the bible?, was the firmament the third heaven, firmament meaning, did the firmament bring the flood of Noah?.