Life of Jesus
Pilate Sends Jesus to Herod
- When Pilate heard of Galilee, he asked if the Man were a Galilean.
- And as soon as he knew that He belonged to Herod's jurisdiction, he sent Him
to Herod, who was also in Jerusalem at that time.
- Now when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceedingly glad; for he had desired for a
long time to see Him, because he had heard many things about Him, and he hoped to
see some miracle done by Him.
- Then he questioned Him with many words, but He answered him nothing.
- And the chief priests and scribes stood and vehemently accused Him.
- Then Herod, with his men of war, treated Him with contempt and mocked Him,
arrayed Him in a gorgeous robe, and sent Him back to Pilate.
- That very day Pilate and Herod became friends with each other, for previously
they had been at enmity with each other.