Bible Names N-Z: Ziza
Ziza in Easton's Bible Dictionary
splendour; abundance. (1.) A Simeonite prince (1 Chr. 4:37-
(2.) A son of Rehoboam (2 Chr. 11:20).
Ziza in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. Son of Shiphi, chief of Simeon; in Hezekiah's time made an
inroad upon the peaceable Hamite shepherds of Gedor (1
Chronicles 4:37, etc.), destroyed them utterly, and dwelt in
their room "because there was pasture there for their flocks."
2. Son of Rehoboam and Maachah (2 Chronicles 11:20).
Ziza in Hitchcock's Bible Names
same as Zina
Ziza in Naves Topical Bible
-1. A Simeonite
-2. Son of Rehoboam
Ziza in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. Son of Shiphi, a chief of the Simeonites in the
reign of Hezekiah. 1Ch 4:37 (B.C. about 725.)
2. Son of Rehoboam by Maachah the granddaughter of
Absalom. 2Ch 11:20 (B.C. after 973.)
Ziza in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
zi'-za (ziza', probably a childish reduplicated abbreviation
or a term of endearment (Curtis, Chron., 369, quoting Noldeke
in EB, III 3294)):
(1) A Simeonite chief (1 Ch 4:37).
(2) A son of King Rehoboam, his mother being a daughter or
grand-daughter of Absalom (2 Ch 11:20).
(3) A probable reading for ZIZAH (which see).
Ziza Scripture - 1 Chronicles 4:37
And Ziza the son of Shiphi, the son of Allon, the son of
Jedaiah, the son of Shimri, the son of Shemaiah;
Ziza Scripture - 2 Chronicles 11:20
And after her he took Maachah the daughter of Absalom; which
bare him Abijah, and Attai, and Ziza, and Shelomith.
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2017 Bible History Online