Bible Names N-Z: Zaccur
Zaccur in Easton's Bible Dictionary
mindful. (1.) Father of Shammua, who was one of the spies
out by Moses (Num. 13:4).
(2.) A Merarite Levite (1 Chr. 24:27).
(3.) A son of Asaph, and chief of one of the courses
singers as arranged by David (1 Chr. 25:2, 10).
(4.) Son of Imri (Neh. 3:2).
(5.) A Levite (Neh. 10:12).
(6.) The son of Mattaniah (Neh. 13:13).
Zaccur in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. Father of Shammua the Reubenite spy (Numbers 13:4).
2. A Merarite Levite, son of Jaaziah (1 Chronicles
3. Son of Asaph (1 Chronicles 25:2; 1 Chronicles
25:10); "prophesied according to the order of the king"; over
the third division of the temple choir (Nehemiah 12:35).
4. Son of Imri; aided at the wall (Nehemiah 3:2).
5. A Levite, signed the covenant (Nehemiah 10:12).
6. A Levite, father of Hanan (Nehemiah 13:13).
Zaccur in Hitchcock's Bible Names
of the male kind; mindful
Zaccur in Naves Topical Bible
-1. A Reubenite
-2. Also called ZACCHUR, which see
-3. A Merarite
-4. Son of Asaph
1Ch 25:2,10; Ne 12:35
-5. Son of Imri
Zaccur in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. Father of Shammua, the Reubenite spy. Nu 13:4 (B.C.
2. A Merarite Levite, son of Jaaziah. 1Ch 24:27
3. Son of Asaph the singer. 1Ch 25:2,10; Ne 12:35
4. The son of Imri who assisted Nehemiah in rebuilding
the city wall. Ne 3:2 (B.C. 446.)
5. A Levite, or family of Levites, who signed the
covenant with Nehemiah. Ne 10:18 (B.C. 410.)
6. A Levite whose son or descendant Hanan was one of
the treasurers over the treasuries appointed by Nehemiah. Ne
Zaccur in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
zak'-ur (zakkur, perhaps "ventriloquist" (Gray, Nu, 137)):
(1) Father of Shammua the Reubenite spy (Nu 13:4).
(2) A Simeonite (1 Ch 4:26); the King James Version "Zacchur."
(3) Levites: (a) a Merarite (1 Ch 24:27); (b) a "son" of Asaph
(1 Ch 25:2,10; Neh 12:35); (c) Neh 10:12 (Hebrew verse 13),
and probably the same as in Neb 13:13, father of Hanan.
(4) A marginal reading in Ezr 8:14 for Zabbud where Kethibh is
(5) Son of Imri and one of the builders of Jerusalem (Neh
David Francis Roberts
Zaccur in Wikipedia
Zaccur of the house of Reuben was the father of Shammua, a
scout sent to Canaan prior to the crossing of the Jordan River
according to Numbers 13:4.
Zaccur Scripture - 1 Chronicles 25:2
Of the sons of Asaph; Zaccur, and Joseph, and Nethaniah, and
Asarelah, the sons of Asaph under the hands of Asaph, which
prophesied according to the order of the king.
Zaccur Scripture - Nehemiah 13:13
And I made treasurers over the treasuries, Shelemiah the
priest, and Zadok the scribe, and of the Levites, Pedaiah: and
next to them [was] Hanan the son of Zaccur, the son of
Mattaniah: for they were counted faithful, and their office
[was] to distribute unto their brethren.
Zaccur Scripture - Nehemiah 3:2
And next unto him builded the men of Jericho. And next to them
builded Zaccur the son of Imri.
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2017 Bible History Online