Bible Names H-M: Malluch
Malluch in Easton's Bible Dictionary
reigned over, or reigning. (1.) A Levite of the family of
(1 Chr. 6:44).
(2.) A priest who returned from Babylon (Neh. 12:2).
(3.) Ezra 10:29. (4.) Ezra 10:32
Malluch in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. 1 Chronicles 6:44.
2. Ezra 10:29.
3. Ezra 10:32.
4. Nehemiah 10:4.
5. Nehemiah 10:27.
6. Nehemiah 12:2.
Malluch in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Malluch in Naves Topical Bible
-1. A Merarite Levite
-2. Son of Bani, who divorced his Gentile wife after the
-3. One of the family of Harim, who divorced his Gentile wife
after the captivity
-4. A priest who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
Ne 10:4; 12:2
-5. A chief of the people who sealed the covenant with
Malluch in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. A Levite of the family of Merari, and ancestor of
Ethan the singer 1Ch 6:44
2. One of the sons of Bani. Ezr 10:29 and
3. One of the descendants of Harim, Ezr 10:32 who had
married foreign wives.
4. A priest or family of priests. Ne 10:4 and
5. One of the heads of the people who signed the
covenant with Nehemiah. Ne 10:27
6. One of the families of priests who returned with
Zerubbabel, Ne 12:2 probably the same as No. 4.
Malluch in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
mal'-uk (mallukh, "counsellor"):
(1) A Levite of the sons of Merari, ancestor of Ethan the
singer (1 Ch 6:44; compare 6:29).
(2) Son of Bani, among those who had foreign wives (Ezr
10:29). He is a descendant of Judah (1 Ch 9:4) and is the
Mamuchus of 1 Esdras 9:30.
(3) A descendant of Harim, who married a foreign wife (Ezr
(4) (5) Two who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah (Neh
(6) Possibly the same as (4). One of the priests who returned
with Zerubbabel (Neh 12:2). Doubtless the Melicu of verse 14's
Malluch in Wikipedia
Heb. "Reigned over, or reigning."
A Levite of the family of Merari I Chronicles 6:44
A priest who returned from Babylon (12:2 ),(Ezra 10:29 ),(Ezra
Malluch Scripture - 1 Chronicles 6:44
And their brethren the sons of Merari [stood] on the left
hand: Ethan the son of Kishi, the son of Abdi, the son of
Malluch Scripture - Ezra 10:29
And of the sons of Bani; Meshullam, Malluch, and Adaiah,
Jashub, and Sheal, and Ramoth.
Malluch Scripture - Ezra 10:32
Benjamin, Malluch, [and] Shemariah.
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2016 Bible History Online