Bible Names H-M: Jeush
Jeush in Easton's Bible Dictionary
assembler. (1.) The oldest of Esau's three sons by Aholibamah
(Gen. 36:5, 14, 18).
(2.) A son of Bilhan, grandson of Benjamin (1 Chr.
(3.) A Levite, one of the sons of Shimei (1 Chr.
(4.) One of the three sons of Rehoboam (2 Chr. 11:19).
(5.) 1 Chr. 8:39.
Jeush in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Jeush in Naves Topical Bible
-1. Son of Esau
Ge 36:5,14,18; 1Ch 1:35
-2. A Benjamite
-3. A Gershonite Levite
-4. Son of Rehoboam
Jeush in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. Son of Esau by Aholiabamah the daughter of Anah,
the son of Zebeon the Hivite. Ge 36:6,14,18; 1Ch 1:35 (B.C.
2. A Benjamite, son of Bilhah. 1Ch 7:10,11
3. A Gershonite Levite, of the house of Shimei. 1Ch
23:10,11 (B.C. 1014.)
4. Son of Rehoboam king of Judah. 2Ch 11:18,19 (B.C.
Jeush in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
je'-ush (ye`ush, probably "he protects," "he comes to help";
see HPN, 109; Kethibh is ye`ish, in Gen 36:5,14; 1 Ch 7:10):
(1) A "son" of Esau (Gen 36:5,14,18; 1 Ch 1:35). "The name is
thought by some to be identical with that, of an Arabian lion-
god Yagut ...., meaning `helper,' whose antiquity is vouched
for by inscriptions of Thamud" (Skinner, Gen, 432).
(2) A Benjamite (1 Ch 7:10), but probably a Zebulunite. See
Curtis, Chronicles, 145 ff.
(3) A descendant of King Saul, the King James Version "Jehush"
(1 Ch 8:39).
(4) A Gershonite Levite (1 Ch 23:10,11).
(5) A son of King Rehoboam (2 Ch 11:19).
David Francis Roberts
Jeush Scripture - 1 Chronicles 23:10
And the sons of Shimei [were], Jahath, Zina, and Jeush, and
Beriah. These four [were] the sons of Shimei.
Jeush Scripture - 1 Chronicles 7:10
The sons also of Jediael; Bilhan: and the sons of Bilhan;
Jeush, and Benjamin, and Ehud, and Chenaanah, and Zethan, and
Tharshish, and Ahishahar.
Jeush Scripture - Genesis 36:18
And these [are] the sons of Aholibamah Esau's wife; duke
Jeush, duke Jaalam, duke Korah: these [were] the dukes [that
came] of Aholibamah the daughter of Anah, Esau's wife.
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2017 Bible History Online