Bible Names H-M: Hanoch
Hanoch in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. Genesis 25:4. HENOCH, 1 Chronicles 1:33.
2. Genesis 46:9; Exodus 6:14; Numbers 26:5. From him
sprung the HANOCHITES.
Hanoch in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Hanoch in Naves Topical Bible
-1. Son of Midian
-2. The oldest son of Reuben
Ge 46:9; Ex 6:14; Nu 26:5; 1Ch 5:3
Hanoch in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. The third in order of the children of Midian. Ge
2. Eldest son of Reuben, Ge 46:9; Ex 6:14; Nu 26:5;
1Ch 5:3 and founder of the family of the Hanochites. Nu 26:5
Hanoch in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
ha'-nok, ha'-nok-its (chanokh, "initiation," "dedication"):
(1) A grandson of Abraham by Keturah, and an ancestral head of
a clan of Midian (Gen 25:4; 1 Ch 1:33, the King James Version
(2) The eldest son of Reuben (Gen 46:9; Ex 6:14; 1 Ch 5:3).
The descendants of Hanoch were known as Hanochites (Nu 26:5).
Hanoch Scripture - Exodus 6:14
These [be] the heads of their fathers' houses: The sons of
Reuben the firstborn of Israel; Hanoch, and Pallu, Hezron, and
Carmi: these [be] the families of Reuben.
Hanoch Scripture - Genesis 25:4
And the sons of Midian; Ephah, and Epher, and Hanoch, and
Abida, and Eldaah. All these [were] the children of Keturah.
Hanoch Scripture - Numbers 26:5
Reuben, the eldest son of Israel: the children of Reuben;
Hanoch, [of whom cometh] the family of the Hanochites: of
Pallu, the family of the Palluites:
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2017 Bible History Online