Bible Names A-G: Elon
Elon in Easton's Bible Dictionary
oak. (1.) A city of Dan (Josh. 19:43). (2.) A Hittite, father
Bashemath, Esau's wife (Gen. 26:34). (3.) One of the
Zebulun (Gen. 46:14). (4.) The eleventh of the Hebrew
held office for ten years (Judg. 12:11, 12). He is
Elon in Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. A Hittite, whose daughter Esau married (Genesis 26:34;
Genesis 36:2). (See BASHEMATH.)
2. Genesis 46:14.
3. The judge who judged Israel ten years: buried in
Aijalon (or Elon) in Zebulun (Judges 12:11-12).
Elon in Hitchcock's Bible Names
oak; grove; strong
Elon in Naves Topical Bible
1. Father-in-law of Esau
Ge 26:34; 36:2
-2. A son of Zebulun
Ge 46:14; Nu 26:26
-3. A town of Dan
-4. A Hebrew judge
Elon in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. A Hittite, whose daughter was one of Esau's wives.
Ge 26:34; 36:2 (B.C. 1797.)
2. The second of the three sons attributed to Zebulun,
Ge 46:14; Nu 26:26 and the founder of the family of the
Elonites. (B.C. 1695.)
3. Elon the Zebulonite, who judged Israel for ten
years, and was buried in Aijalon in Zebulun. Jud 12:11,12
4. On of the towns in the border of the tribe of Dan.
Elon in the Bible Encyclopedia - ISBE
e'-lon ('elon "terebinth"):
(1) A Zebulunite, who judged Israel ten years, and was buried
in Aijalon (Jdg 12:11,12).
(2) A son of Zebulun (Gen 46:14; Nu 26:26).
(3) A Hittite whose daughter Esau wedded (Gen 26:34; 36:2).
Elon in Wikipedia
In the Bible, Elon (or Ahialon in Douay-Rheims and some other
translations) (Hebrew: אֵילֹן, Modern Elon Tiberian ʼÊlōn ;
"Oak"; Latin: Ahialon) was a Judge of Israel.
He followed Ibzan and was succeeded by Abdon. It is said that
he was from the Tribe of Zebulun, led Israel for ten years,
and was buried in Ajalon in Zebulon (Judges 12:11).
Elon Scripture - Genesis 26:34
And Esau was forty years old when he took to wife Judith the
daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and Bashemath the daughter of
Elon the Hittite:
Elon Scripture - Genesis 36:2
Esau took his wives of the daughters of Canaan; Adah the
daughter of Elon the Hittite, and Aholibamah the daughter of
Anah the daughter of Zibeon the Hivite;
Elon Scripture - Judges 12:11
And after him Elon, a Zebulonite, judged Israel; and he judged
Israel ten years.
If you notice a broken link or any error PLEASE report it by clicking HERE
© 1995-2017 Bible History Online