Map of Asia Minor
In New Testament times Asia referred
to a Roman province located at the western part of what came
to be known as Asia Minor. Asia Minor was the area between the
Black Sea, Aegean Sea, and the Mediterranean Sea.
for Print) (Freely Distributed)
Map of Asia Minor in
New Testament Times
The provinces seen in the above map
include: Asia, Bythinia and Pontus, Galatia, Pamphylia, Lycia,
Cilicia, and Commagene.
The Bible Mentions a lot Concerning
Corinthians 16:19 - The churches of Asia
salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with
the church that is in their house.
Revelation 1:11 - Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first
and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send [it]
unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto
Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and
unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
- Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called [the
synagogue] of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and
of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with
- So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought;
but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be
despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all
Asia and the world worshippeth.
- And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they
which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus,
both Jews and Greeks.
- Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost
throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and
turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made
- And entering into a ship of Adramyttium, we launched, meaning to
sail by the coasts of Asia; [one] Aristarchus, a
Macedonian of Thessalonica, being with us.
1 Peter 1:1
- Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered
throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and
- For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not
spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were
possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.
Corinthians 1:8 - For we would not, brethren, have you
ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that
we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we
despaired even of life:
- Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in
Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and
- Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of
Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in
- And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of
Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all
the people, and laid hands on him,
- So he sent into Macedonia two of them that ministered unto him,
Timotheus and Erastus; but he himself stayed in Asia
for a season.
- Whereupon certain Jews from Asia found me purified
in the temple, neither with multitude, nor with tumult.
Revelation 1:4 - John to the seven churches which are in
Asia: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from him which is,
and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits
which are before his throne;
- And certain of the chief of Asia, which were his
friends, sent unto him, desiring [him] that he would not adventure
himself into the theatre.
1:15 - This thou knowest, that all they which are in
Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and
- And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from
the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner
I have been with you at all seasons,
- And there accompanied him into Asia Sopater of
Berea; and of the Thessalonians, Aristarchus and Secundus; and Gaius
of Derbe, and Timotheus; and of Asia, Tychicus and