Map of the Ancient Near East
This map includes some of the
geographical locations within the ancient Biblical world. The
British Museum describes the Ancient Near East as Mesopotamia, Iran,
Anatolia, the Caucasus, the Levant, Egypt, and Arabia. In ancient
times the Near East was never one huge homogeneous area but an
assorted collection of changing cultures.
for Print) (Freely Distributed)
Map of the Near East in
The Bible Mentions a lot Concerning the "world"
- I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one;
and that the world may know that thou hast sent me,
and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Corinthians 8:13 - Wherefore, if meat make my brother to
offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth,
lest I make my brother to offend.
- I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world,
but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
- I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat
of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will
give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
- Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me
where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me:
for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
- Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus
answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and
for this cause came I into the world, that I should
bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth
- I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out
of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them
me; and they have kept thy word.
- And the tongue [is] a fire, a world of iniquity: so
is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body,
and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of
- Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed
the earth and the world, even from everlasting to
everlasting, thou [art] God.
96:13 - Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to
judge the earth: he shall judge the world with
righteousness, and the people with his truth.
- The earth mourneth [and] fadeth away, the world
languisheth [and] fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do
- Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the
world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be
troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Corinthians 1:28 - And base things of the world,
and things which are despised, hath God chosen, [yea], and things
which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
Corinthians 7:10 - For godly sorrow worketh repentance to
salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world
Corinthians 7:34 - There is difference [also] between a wife
and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord,
that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is
married careth for the things of the world, how she
may please [her] husband.
- Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more;
but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
- If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me
before [it hated] you.
1 John 2:2
- And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only,
but also for [the sins of] the whole world.
- For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I
have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although
the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
- Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the
world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath
ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that
he hath raised him from the dead.
- The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed
with strength, [wherewith] he hath girded himself: the world
also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.
- He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life
in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
62:11 - Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the
world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy
salvation cometh; behold, his reward [is] with him, and his work
Revelation 12:9 - And the great dragon was cast out, that
old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole
world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels
were cast out with him.
10:12 - He hath made the earth by his power, he hath
established the world by his wisdom, and hath
stretched out the heavens by his discretion.
51:15 - He hath made the earth by his power, he hath
established the world by his wisdom, and hath
stretched out the heaven by his understanding.
18:7 - Woe unto the world because of offences!
for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom
the offence cometh!
Revelation 17:8 - The beast that thou sawest was, and is
not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into
perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose
names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of
the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is
not, and yet is.
- With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit
within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments [are] in
the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn
11:7 - By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen
as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house;
by the which he condemned the world, and became heir
of the righteousness which is by faith.