Life of Jesus
A Certain Poor Widow
Mk 12:41-44; Lk 21:1-4
- Now Jesus sat opposite the treasury and saw how the people put money into the
treasury. And many who were rich put in much.
- Then one poor widow came and threw in two mites, which make a quadrans.
- So He called His disciples to Himself and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to
you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the
- "for they all put in out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in
all that she had, her whole livelihood."
- And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury,
- and He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites.
- So He said, "Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all;
- "for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God, but she
out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had."