Life of Jesus
Peter, Andrew, James, and John
Mat 4:18-22; Mk 1:16-20; Lk 5:1-11
18 And Jesus, walking by the Sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon called
Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen.
19 Then He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."
20 They immediately left their nets and followed Him.
21 Going on from there, He saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee, and
John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets.
And He called them,
22 and immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed Him.
16 And as He walked by the Sea of Galilee, He saw Simon and Andrew his brother
casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen.
17 Then Jesus said to them, "Come after Me, and I will make you become fishers of
18 And immediately they left their nets and followed Him.
19 When He had gone a little farther from there, He saw James the son of Zebedee,
and John his brother, who also were in the boat mending their nets.
20 And immediately He called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat
with the hired servants, and went after Him.
- So it was, as the multitude pressed about Him to hear the word of God, that He
stood by the Lake of Gennesaret,
- and saw two boats standing by the lake; but the fishermen had gone from them
and were washing their nets.
- Then He got into one of the boats, which was Simon's, and asked him to put out
a little from the land. And He sat down and taught the multitudes from the
- When He had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, "Launch out into the deep and
let down your nets for a catch."
- But Simon answered and said to Him, "Master, we have toiled all night and
caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net."
- And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net
- So they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them.
And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink.
- When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, "Depart from
me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!"
- For he and all who were with him were astonished at the catch of fish which
they had taken;
- and so also were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners with
Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, "Do not be afraid. From now on you will catch
- So when they had brought their boats to land, they forsook all and followed