Life of Jesus
Mat 20:29-34; Mk 10:46-50; Lk 18:35-43
- Now as they went out of Jericho, a great multitude followed Him.
- And behold, two blind men sitting by the road, when they heard that Jesus was
passing by, cried out, saying, "Have mercy on us, O Lord, Son of David!"
- Then the multitude warned them that they should be quiet; but they cried out
all the more, saying, "Have mercy on us, O Lord, Son of David!"
- So Jesus stood still and called them, and said, "What do you want Me to do for
- They said to Him, "Lord, that our eyes may be opened."
- So Jesus had compassion and touched their eyes. And immediately their eyes
received sight, and they followed Him.
46 Now they came to Jericho. As He went out of Jericho with His disciples and a
great multitude, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the road begging.
47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say,
"Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"
48 Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more, "Son of
David, have mercy on me!"
49 So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be called. Then they called the
blind man, saying to him, "Be of good cheer. Rise, He is calling you."
50 And throwing aside his garment, he rose and came to Jesus.
- Then it happened, as He was coming near Jericho, that a certain blind man sat
by the road begging.
- And hearing a multitude passing by, he asked what it meant.
- So they told him that Jesus of Nazareth was passing by.
- And he cried out, saying, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"
- Then those who went before warned him that he should be quiet; but he cried
out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"
- So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be brought to Him. And when he had
come near, He asked him,
- saying, "What do you want Me to do for you?" And he said, "Lord, that I may
receive my sight."
- Then Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has made you well."
- And immediately he received his sight, and followed Him, glorifying God. And
all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God.