Life of Jesus
Great Multitudes Came to Him
Mat 15:29-31, Mk 7:31-37
29 Jesus departed from there, skirted the Sea of Galilee, and went up on the
mountain and sat down there.
30 Then great multitudes came to Him, having with them the lame, blind, mute,
maimed, and many others; and they laid them down at Jesus' feet, and He healed
- So the multitude marveled when they saw the mute speaking, the maimed made
whole, the lame walking, and the blind seeing; and they glorified the God of
31 Again, departing from the region of Tyre and Sidon, He came through the midst
of the region of Decapolis to the Sea of Galilee.
- Then they brought to Him one who was deaf and had an impediment in his speech,
and they begged Him to put His hand on him.
- And He took him aside from the multitude, and put His fingers in his ears, and
He spat and touched his tongue.
- Then, looking up to heaven, He sighed, and said to him, "Ephphatha," that is,
- Immediately his ears were opened, and the impediment of his tongue was loosed,
and he spoke plainly.
- Then He commanded them that they should tell no one; but the more He commanded
them, the more widely they proclaimed it.
- And they were astonished beyond measure, saying, "He has done all things well.
He makes both the deaf to hear and the mute to speak."