Life of Jesus
A Woman of Canaan
Mat 15:21-28; Mk 7:24-30
21 Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon.
22 And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him,
saying, "Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David My daughter is severely
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying,
"Send her away, for she cries out after us."
- But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the
house of Israel."
- Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, "Lord, help me!"
- But He answered and said, "It is not good to take the children's bread and
throw it to the little dogs."
- And she said, "Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall
from their masters' table."
- Then Jesus answered and said to her, "O woman, great is your faith! Let it be
to you as you desire." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.
24 From there He arose and went to the region of Tyre and Sidon. And He entered a
house and wanted no one to know it, but He could not be hidden.
25 For a woman whose young daughter had an unclean spirit heard about Him, and
she came and fell at His feet.
26 The woman was a Greek, a Syro-Phoenician by birth, and she kept asking Him to
cast the demon out of her daughter.
27 But Jesus said to her, "Let the children be filled first, for it is not good
to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs."
28 And she answered and said to Him, "Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs under
the table eat from the children's crumbs."
- Then He said to her, "For this saying go your way; the demon has gone out of
- And when she had come to her house, she found the demon gone out, and her
daughter lying on the bed.