Life of Jesus
A Prophet is Not Without Honor Except . .
Mat 13:53-58; Mk 6:1-6
53 Now it came to pass, when Jesus had finished these parables, that He departed
54 And when He had come to His own country, He taught them in their synagogue, so
that they were astonished and said, "Where did this Man get this wisdom and
these mighty works?
55 "Is this not the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His
brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas?
56 "And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this Man get all
57 So they were offended at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not
without honor except in his own country and in his own house."
58 Now He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief.
- Then He went out from there and came to His own country, and His disciples
- And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue. And many
hearing Him were astonished, saying, "Where did this Man get these things? And
what wisdom is this which is given to Him, that such mighty works are performed
by His hands!
- "Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses,
Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?" And they were offended at
- But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own
country, among his own relatives, and in his own house."
- Now He could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few
sick people and healed them.
- And He marveled because of their unbelief. Then He went about the villages in
a circuit, teaching.