Life of Jesus
Jesus Raises the Dead Son at Nain
- Now it happened, the day after, that He went into a city called Nain; and many
of His disciples went with Him, and a large crowd.
- And when He came near the gate of the city, behold, a dead man was being
carried out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a large crowd from
the city was with her.
- When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, "Do not weep."
- Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood
still. And He said, "Young man, I say to you, arise."
- So he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his
- Then fear came upon all, and they glorified God, saying, "A great prophet has
risen up among us"; and, "God has visited His people."
- And this report about Him went throughout all Judea and all the surrounding