Life of Jesus
Zacchaeus who was a Chief Tax Collector
- Then Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.
- Now behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus who was a chief tax collector, and
he was rich.
- And he sought to see who Jesus was, but could not because of the crowd, for he
was of short stature.
- So he ran ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see Him, for He was
going to pass that way.
- And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up and saw him, and said to him,
"Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house."
- So he made haste and came down, and received Him joyfully.
- But when they saw it, they all complained, saying, "He has gone to be a guest
with a man who is a sinner."
- Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, "Look, Lord, I give half of my
goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I
- And Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because he
also is a son of Abraham;
- "for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost."